How Do You Make ISO Or GCM File From A GameCube Game?

hsncorrosion

I take it that means the awsner is advious, huh?

no it doesnt mean the answer is advious (is that a word?) it means ur an absulot twat! how long have u been on the forums for? how many times have u seen SomeoneElse and Sparda flame, VaKo, and Moonlit warn people about post requests for warez? and illeagl actions?

Copying Oringial CD's is illegal, even for Backup reason (in most countries), copying copies is worse.

GTFO.

I take it that means the awsner is advious, huh?

no it doesnt mean the answer is advious (is that a word?) it means ur an absulot twat! how long have u been on the forums for? how many times have u seen SomeoneElse and Sparda flame, VaKo, and Moonlit warn people about post requests for warez? and illeagl actions?

Copying Oringial CD's is illegal, even for Backup reason (in most countries), copying copies is worse.

GTFO.

I only want to play it on my pc.

I am not burning it. Selling it. or uploading it to the net.

And I do own the game.

Is there an emulator that will work without have to copy the image from it?

Once again

We just can't put links up about warez on the forums. Thats the only rule about warez we have, and its simply to stop pissy letters from lawyers. Because if they send it to the hosting company and not Darren, the entire site gets pulled.

But, this isn't warez. Not even remotely. As for the DMCA, thats not something you lot have to worry about. If & when we get a take down notice we can't fight, it comes down. Until then, its not an issue.

So to the original issue, game cube discs are not DVD's or CD's, they just look similar and use similar tech. But the standards are different. What happens if you put a gamecube disc in your PC?

I only want to play it on my pc.

I am not burning it. Selling it. or uploading it to the net.

And I do own the game.

Is there an emulator that will work without have to copy the image from it?

still illeagal, and do u know of a little web application know as google?

still illeagal, and do u know of a little web application know as google?

Illegal? How? Please explain. And honestly, if all you can think to post is a variant of just fucking google it, don't bother.

There are Gamecube emulators, though they won't turn your PC in to a Gamecube. Any current or last gen console emulators aren't going to be good enough yet, PCs simply do not have the power to emulate these amazing machines. The may seem modest in terms of consoles especially considering current generation machines but bear in mind that as a rough guide a PC must be ~3 times as powerful as the machine you wish to emulate. My emulation theory may be rather out of date, but simply comparing specifications will not tell you much about how well an emulator will run on a given machine, especially as the emulator cannot be 100% compatible with the real machine. As a side note, speed isn't everything either, a fast emulator may be fast because it fails to emulate a certain portion of the original machine that may be essential to run some games yet it might not matter to others if this part of the device doesn't work or is only partially emulated.

Also factor in that these are not commercial products, they are written by hobbyist programmers in their spare time and while they do a sterling job most of the time, writing software that emulates a machine like this is far from simple and it will take a very long time to do so. PCSX2 (a Windows/Linux PS2 emulator) is about the best last gen console emulator and still, despite the efforts of the programmers, cannot play PS2 games anywhere near as well as a real PS2.

As for your original request, you might want to (try Googling, or) look up the Dolphin emulator, it's what I believe to be the most complete Gamecube emulator to date but don't expect your PC to suddenly be a full-fledged Gamecube, it won't happen.

The piracy issue isn't relevant here. Emulation is questionable in terms of legality/morality in some peoples' eyes but officially, providing the emulator contains no copyrighted proprietary code from the console then it's legal. You must own the original game discs just as with a real console. An emulator is basically (as far as the software that runs on it) a copy of the machine it's emulating and anything that's legal or illegal on a real console is legal or illegal on an emulator.

Some emulators require the console's BIOS image which is usually ripped from a real console and again, this can be seen as questionable in terms of legality but if you own the console then I don't believe there's an issue.

The first result on Google for "gamecube emulator" was http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gamecube/.

Edit: You mentioned in another thread that you own a Gamecube, I'd recommend sticking with the real thing unless you're just interested in how good the emulators are. You won't 'play' games on it, you'll be more likely to see the first couple of splash/loading screens and if you're lucky you might get to the game part, but it's not gonna be quick and it's unlikely to look pretty unless you have one hell of a graphics card.

I understand that gamecube discs are not cds or dvds.

Also I have seen emulators but they can only run an image.

Also as far a warez, I have also found illegal iso online but I did not download them, So if anyone would like to tell me how to get the image off your own disc that would be great.

If they have illegal images then they have a way to get them off the disc.

(thank you)

The interesting thing about nintendo's approach here is that even if you want to pirate there games, you still have to pay them, and its not like you can just cut more disks to sell down the market. So, its a ball ache for pirates, but still allows geeks to emulate games and generally hack around with it.