Update and Reset fail on multiple OSs

csaks

I have tried resetting my mark 7 using windows 8 and 10, as well as kali linux and debian linux.  I've also tried upgrading the firmware using a usb drive with config file.  none of it seems to do any good.  i've tried using the non static and static methods to reset in windows 8 and 10.  in linux the pineapple is listed as eth1 during ifconfigs before trying to put eth1 down.  it seems eth1 has dissapeared.  it's only ever found after holding down the reset button for 3 blinks and releasing.  if with the mark 7 i can do a hardware reset i haven't be able to figure it out.  after trying multiple methods i can't connect to pineapple locally or through wifi. the reset password that would work with pinapple_XXXX wifi network doesn't work or is guarded by a password i no longer know.  when setting it up in windows regardless of giving it a static ip, i can't connect to it through the browser.  i've went through every official article i can to try and get this thing back online and working but i haven't been able to make any of the options work.  any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Since you mention several different OS'es, you should have already tried different USB ports (unless you are running some form of virtual machine, which I don't recommend in this case). I guess that you are successful in putting the Pineapple in recovery "mode" (pushing the hardware button and get a red LED). It seems as if you have problems getting the interface working properly, have you tried different USB cables?

i've tried multiple usb ports on multiple different computers.  for some reason im never able to get anything to connect whether with a browser when it's hooked up locally or through wifi after identifying the access point name.  part of me is worried i bricked it at some point.  i've put so much time into trying to just reset it to factory settings or figuring out how to connect to it as a wifi point that i want to pull my hair out(figuratively).  i've tried every possible solution suggested in the forums and by the hak5 people in their documentation.  part of me wonders if i wouldn't be better off trying to crack the wifi password to it but since no one including me knows it to connect to it i'm not even sure that's possible.  i know that trying to brute force it will take some time as i'm a total dick with long strong passwords on pretty much everything.   🤷‍♂️

Well, if you can't use any password that is known to you, and you absolutely can't get into recovery mode, then there's not much to do. I would say that not even being able to get into recovery mode and access the stager interface is rare. If the Pineapple is still within warranty, I would suggest creating a support ticket and see if it could be replaced or such. With so many "not possibles", it sounds like some kind of faulty hardware although it seems unlikely. As a "last resort"; describe in your own words (step by step) what you do in order to get to the recovery mode of the Pineapple. Just in order to get insight into the steps taken (and see if something's missing or is done in the wrong way for some reason).

Archived