BlackBox

film

Hi, well i was talking to this guy who was in my photography class today about computers. We dont talk much as he is a Apple fanboy and i dont really like Apples (i dont know why?). Anyway he was saying about the FBI do somthing called a BlackBox and what it does is messes up your hard drive (well he said sets it on fire) and then a FBI message comes up on your screen. This was used on al kieda suspects who had important data they shouldnt have. Well, me personally i dont believe your hard drive can get 'set on fire' then after your harddrive being insinerated a FBI logo comes up? After he told me about 5 others of this friends started telling me it was true. I was just wondering is there anything remotly like this or is this true ?

-Thanks Junior

I think they are still messing with you after that phone + mouse incident ;)

In all seriousness what they said was complete BS. I do know people that use blackbox as there window manager though.

Sparda no really the whole phone and mouse case was not them, i tryed it my self i moved the phone closer to the mouse whilest he was on the internet on his phone and the mouse had a spazem and they got more violence as you moved the phone back and fourth. Also he not clever enough to put a programme on his phone to makethat happen so im still baffled but yeah back tp the blackbocx though it was BS :P

In all seriousness what they said was complete BS. I do know people that use blackbox as there window manager though.

Sparda no really the whole phone and mouse case was not them, i tryed it my self i moved the phone closer to the mouse whilest he was on the internet on his phone and the mouse had a spazem and they got more violence as you moved the phone back and fourth. Also he not clever enough to put a programme on his phone to makethat happen so im still baffled but yeah back tp the blackbocx though it was BS :P

Wait, what... the actual mouse, that sits on the desk, literally, physically moved? WTF...

Wait, what... the actual mouse, that sits on the desk, literally, physically moved? WTF...

No the cursor was moving across the screen i think im going to film it and post it on my website to show you all :P

the phone has ESP.

and i dont think the FBI would come and burn ur HDD, if there was somethink bad on there, isint it more likely they come and take every single device in your house that has a chip in it? then sell of all ur junk (ie. Toaster) but keep your PC's for evidance?

The government does have somethings to scramble data and electronic devices, but there is no way to leave a message on your screen without hacking into your system remotely or with direct access to the pc.

As far as the black box thing, they do have a device that will send out an electrical pulse, but I don't know if that is what they are talking about. It has the power to make a car stop running when close enough, so anything like that used near a pc, would most likely kill the pc's data in the process and any electronics on within range. I doubt that if they wanted to recover something that they would even use something like that. It would leave them no way to have the computer display anything...

Actually, a black box is a phreaking device.

A phone line usually runs at about 20 volts while it's unused. When someone calls, the phone rings and the voltage goes up to 48 volts. When you answer and talk, it goes down 10 volts.

A black box is simply used to keep the voltage of your phone at about 36 volts in order to keep the phone company from charging you. After you do it for like 30 minutes though, they'll disconnect your line shortly :shock: