hack rf questions

so just getting into RF and im understanding some but very slowly and its hard for me to get information to answer my questions. hopefully i found the right place!

device info: HackRF One & Portapack 

antenna: Diamond Antenna- SRH789 (95-1100MHz) 50ohm 2dBi 300-1100MHz

ANT-700

Mission/objective: to capture and and be able to capture and replay a short rf transmission 

Signal: Rf Center- 433.92MHz 

Time transmitting- 11.8ms every 22 seconds 

So with hackRF on capute i can see the pulses on 443..92 with the antenna set to 20in/50cm i can capture it and save it.

how, ive heard that you have to use one ssize amtemma to recieve and a different one to transmit correct? also are their filters or any other add ons needed to ensure the signal is recorded and transmitted accurately.

thank you all for taking the time to read and help me  if any more info is needed let me know. also i have testing data graph of the signal i can email if that is needed thannks again...

On 4/9/2022 at 1:57 PM, icupfunnycolors said:

so just getting into RF and im understanding some but very slowly and its hard for me to get information to answer my questions. hopefully i found the right place!

device info: HackRF One & Portapack 

antenna: Diamond Antenna- SRH789 (95-1100MHz) 50ohm 2dBi 300-1100MHz

ANT-700

Mission/objective: to capture and and be able to capture and replay a short rf transmission 

Signal: Rf Center- 433.92MHz 

Time transmitting- 11.8ms every 22 seconds 

So with hackRF on capute i can see the pulses on 443..92 with the antenna set to 20in/50cm i can capture it and save it.

how, ive heard that you have to use one ssize amtemma to recieve and a different one to transmit correct? also are their filters or any other add ons needed to ensure the signal is recorded and transmitted accurately.

thank you all for taking the time to read and help me  if any more info is needed let me know. also i have testing data graph of the signal i can email if that is needed thannks again...

A member should be back to you. Wait a bit longer...

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't done so yet, I'd highly recommend watching and participating in Michael Ossman's tutorial series. He is the creator of the HackRF... Here is a link:

HACKRF TUTORIAL - OSSMAN

May not help you in your pursuit of an answer, but you said it was hard to find info. This series and his wiki page is pretty chocked full of info, from the mouth of the horse..

Archived