Evil Portal not forwarding client to the landing page

chris2008

3 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

OK, but I wouldn't recommend spending your time doing a video if you think it's garbage. Use your time for something more valuable. I can try to get back using the factory reset and see if it's related to the 2.0.0 beta itself. Doing it now.

Sorry, I have no intention of recording a video. I'm just sounding off through frustration. Yes please, I would appreciate that

No, I have no problems getting to the recovery web page visiting 172.16.42.1. It works as it use to (and as it should).

I do as described in the documentation.

Press the button and connect the USB cable to the computer that is going to be used to do the recovery.

Let the LED of the Pineapple blink (red) 3 times (ish) then release it, the LED goes solid red.

Change the interface on the attached computer so that it uses 172.16.42.42/24

Browse to http://172.16.42.1

Continue the recovery process by uploading the bin file and start the recovery.

3 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

No, I have no problems getting to the recovery web page visiting 172.16.42.1. It works as it use to (and as it should).

I do as described in the documentation.

Press the button and connect the USB cable to the computer that is going to be used to do the recovery.

Let the LED of the Pineapple blink (red) 3 times (ish) then release it, the LED goes solid red.

Change the interface on the attached computer so that it uses 172.16.42.42/24

Browse to http://172.16.42.1

Continue the recovery process by uploading the bin file and start the recovery.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I have a cable with a c on one end and a usb on the other. I unplug the c and hold the button and plug the c back in. Once the red led blinks 3 times I let go. The red stays solid. I then open my browser and type 172.16.42.1 and it then times out and says check my internet, firewall (I don't have it set up as on vmware)

Well, as I said before. This seems to have nothing to do with the Pineapple itself. There's something computer related that stops you from getting further (browser plugins, some specific security software or such). I use Linux based distros, but I can spin up a Win10 box and see if there's something special. It shouldn't be though. There are way too many Windows users that does this operation without issues, so it is most likely something unique to your installation.

16 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Well, as I said before. This seems to have nothing to do with the Pineapple itself. There's something computer related that stops you from getting further (browser plugins, some specific security software or such). I use Linux based distros, but I can spin up a Win10 box and see if there's something special. It shouldn't be though. There are way too many Windows users that does this operation without issues, so it is most likely something unique to your installation.

Sorry, I ran out of allowed posts yesterday (5) but I am at the exact same place and have tried it with 3 different OS's (main computer and 2 on a virtual lab, with no extensions on any of them), which, to me, points towards the hardware, rather than computer related. At the moment I seem to be left with a broken (expensive as I'm in the UK) piece of equipment, which is very disappointing after weeks of saving, followed by the excitement of waiting for it to be delivered) 😞 

18 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Quoting myself.... The reason (or one of them) that Evil Portal (EP) doesn't want to play ball using the 2.0.0 beta firmware is that there's a package missing; libblobmsg-json

There are other possible problems as well, but EP is at least working.

Thanks for checking this dark_pyrro. However, in the 2.0.0 beta firmware it won't even show me the available and loaded packages 😕

On 3/7/2022 at 1:18 PM, chris2008 said:

I have stupidly tried it on the 2.0.0 beta and now the web server won't start. I click it and it just goes blue again 😕

I had the same problem! The update from this morning does fix that but it's still broken. It won't let you preview any of the portals and also when you connect with your mobile to the EP, it won't re-direct you to your portals.

Archived