Ordered a Rubber Ducky to U.K. bit worried about "Duties may apply"

mrh4zy

Ordered a Rubber Ducky to U.K. bit worried about "Duties may apply".

On my order I selected: Shipping (Passport Priority Tracked: 8-14 Business Days (Duties May Apply))

I think it may have been a better idea if I did the shipping as: Passport Priority Duties Paid: 8-14 Business Days

I was wondering overall if anyone else had ordered from USA (Hak5) specifically a rubber ducky for personal use to the U.K.? Specifically England and if there was any additional charges by choosing Shipping (Passport Priority Tracked: 8-14 Business Days (Duties May Apply)) ??? I just don't get this duties thing at all.

I contacted hak5 and just told them to upgrade my order to Passport Priority Duties Paid: 8-14 Business Days just going to wait and see what they say. Not sure what you mean by Import taxes/customs, were you charged something in particular respective of those?

You have to read and learn what applies to your country. Every country (or at least the civilized ones) has some kind of costs for importing goods from other countries. It differs though. It might be a tax that is paid and it might be divided into different part. Perhaps some "base tax" (VAT) and then some tax based on what type of goods that is imported. Then the company/courier (DHL, UPS, Royal Mail, other) probably want some fee because they administer things when they bring it into your country. The info is a Google search away.

Archived