WiFi Pineapple Mark VII  and Alfa AWUS036ACH 2.4 & 5 Ghz USB Wireless Adapter

Zeq

Hello everyone, newbie here, hopefully someone can enlighten me, apologies for the silly question.

What are the dereferences between WiFi Pineapple Mark VII  and Alfa AWUS036ACH 2.4 & 5 Ghz USB Wireless Adapter, can the same results be achieved with both?

Many thanks.

The biggest difference is that the ACH isn't on the list of 5 GHz USB NICs that is compatible with the Mark VII out of the box. Alfa AWUS036ACM is compatible though. The compatible adapters use the MT7612U chipset, whereas the ACH uses the RTL8812AU chipset (which is considered more or less crap). I guess that when you say WiFi Pineapple Mark VII, you refer to the Hak5 MK7AC WiFi Adapter. If you actually mean the Mark VII itself, then the biggest difference is that there is no built in 5 GHz support in the Mark VII, only 2.4 GHz. But, if you add a 5 GHz USB NIC with a compatible chipset, you get 5 GHz as well.

Thanks darl_pyro I will have to do some research to fully understand what you have explained but I appreciate your response. I was referring to the WIFI PINEAPPLE MARK VII from Hack5 it self, would you be able to point me to a 5 GHz USB NIC?

Thanks again

First load the Hak5 documentation site
https://help.hak5.org/hak5-docs/

Click "WiFi Pineapple"

In the left menu, look for "Compatible 802.11ac Adapters", click that menu item

Read the matrix/array/table containing supported 5 GHz NICs on the "Compatible 802.11ac Adapters" page

Click "Hak5 MK7AC Adapter" in the matrix if you want more information about the official Hak5 5 GHz USB adapter in the shop

For the other two adapters listed in the matrix, I would suggest conducting a search using your favorite search engine on the internet

dark_pyrro you are a start, thanks a lot for your dedicated response and guidance.

The WiFi Pineapple Mark VII together with the MK7AC WiFi Adapter look awesome, the two will cost $160 vs the Alfa AWUS036ACH 2.4 & 5 Ghz USB Wireless Adapter at $65.

To my understanding at this stage you would suggest the 
WiFi Pineapple Mark VII with the MK7AC WiFi Adapter because the RTL8812AU from the Alfa ACH has a very bad quality, correct?

Anything that we might be missing?

Hey dark_pyrro, yeah, I will.

I was initially seduced by the WiFi Pineapple NANO and could not find it in the HACK5 website, in a way I am grateful now that I have a slightly better understanding of chipset, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

34 minutes ago, Zeq said:

I was initially seduced by the WiFi Pineapple NANO and could not find it in the HACK5 website,

They where discontinued by the mark VII pineapple's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 12:29 AM, Zeq said:

dark_pyrro you are a start, thanks a lot for your dedicated response and guidance.

The WiFi Pineapple Mark VII together with the MK7AC WiFi Adapter look awesome, the two will cost $160 vs the Alfa AWUS036ACH 2.4 & 5 Ghz USB Wireless Adapter at $65.

To my understanding at this stage you would suggest the 
WiFi Pineapple Mark VII with the MK7AC WiFi Adapter because the RTL8812AU from the Alfa ACH has a very bad quality, correct?

Anything that we might be missing?

I just installed the "kmod-rtl8812au-ct" package on my MK7, it's under "Packages" and plugged my Alfa AWUS036ACS and it works out of the box and gives you the 5Ghz scan option!

14 hours ago, Sgt.Foose said:

I just installed the "kmod-rtl8812au-ct" package on my MK7, it's under "Packages" and plugged my Alfa AWUS036ACS and it works out of the box and gives you the 5Ghz scan option!

I think I have been watching your YouTube channel 🙂 If you are the same guy then please keep up with the videos. Very enjoyable. I followed along with the Evil Portal one and created my own login. However, I can't get my Evil Portal to work. When I sign into the Open Access Point it doesn't take me to the sign-in page (no matter what Portal I use). It signs into the Wi-Fi and allows me to use the Pineapple 7 Wi-Fi though. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong there lol.  I am now half way through the MDK4 one and enjoying it.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:31 AM, chris2008 said:

I think I have been watching your YouTube channel 🙂 If you are the same guy then please keep up with the videos. Very enjoyable. I followed along with the Evil Portal one and created my own login. However, I can't get my Evil Portal to work. When I sign into the Open Access Point it doesn't take me to the sign-in page (no matter what Portal I use). It signs into the Wi-Fi and allows me to use the Pineapple 7 Wi-Fi though. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong there lol.  I am now half way through the MDK4 one and enjoying it.

What version of firmware is your MK7 on? I'm trying all versions past 1.0.2 at this moment but also keep having lots of trouble. At this moment I'm downgrading to 1.0.2 to see if that matters or not. I'm glad you like my videos, I'm currently making new ones but need to find a stable FW first 🙂

Archived