Help with selecting product

SNO

Hello!
I am purchasing some hak5 gear for my setup and so far I have selected the bash bunny and wifi pineapple.  I am looking for a device where I can drop it on a target and leave and open a remote shell and be able to access a computer. I believe the LAN turtle does this? I am kinda new to this and I would appreciate some help. Would you recommend the LAN turtle or Key Croc? Or maybe even another device for this task. 

Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, SNO said:

Would you recommend the LAN turtle or Key Croc?

If I would select between the Turtle and the Croc, I would probably go with the Croc. Reverse into both of them is possible, especially if using Cloud C2. There's no recipe for 100% success in all scenarios though, keep that in mind. Sometimes it's not possible at all and some (many) you need to break some serious sweat to reach the goal. In any case you need to have at least basic knowledge in several areas to be successful, and...... keep it legal! So, it all depends on what possibilities that are available. The Croc needs a wireless network (that has internet access of course) to be able to communicate to the outside world. The Turtle needs a wired connection that is possible to use. It all depends on the use case. The Croc uses Debian and the Turtle OpenWrt. If you already have decided for the Bunny, then I would say that the Croc would be the way to go since both run Debian and share similar functionality when it comes to Ducky script. It all depends on your needs though. It also depends on what you mean when saying "access a computer". The "interface" that the Turtle has available towards any target is networking, the Croc has several other attackmodes such as HID, storage, etc.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:29 PM, Jtyle6 said:

Do you have any permission to do this?

Yes I do lmao

On 2/8/2022 at 1:48 AM, dark_pyrro said:

If I would select between the Turtle and the Croc, I would probably go with the Croc. Reverse into both of them is possible, especially if using Cloud C2. There's no recipe for 100% success in all scenarios though, keep that in mind. Sometimes it's not possible at all and some (many) you need to break some serious sweat to reach the goal. In any case you need to have at least basic knowledge in several areas to be successful, and...... keep it legal! So, it all depends on what possibilities that are available. The Croc needs a wireless network (that has internet access of course) to be able to communicate to the outside world. The Turtle needs a wired connection that is possible to use. It all depends on the use case. The Croc uses Debian and the Turtle OpenWrt. If you already have decided for the Bunny, then I would say that the Croc would be the way to go since both run Debian and share similar functionality when it comes to Ducky script. It all depends on your needs though. It also depends on what you mean when saying "access a computer". The "interface" that the Turtle has available towards any target is networking, the Croc has several other attackmodes such as HID, storage, etc.

Thank you so much for the info! Yes I'll definitely take a look at the croc and of course I'll keep it legal. I just like playing around with these.

The croc does look great due to its ability to also run similar payloads to the besh bunny so thats probably the best bet. Where i was going fo with "accessing a computer" is for example, drop it on a theoretical target, have it sit passively and be able to remote into it and run a payload that executes and exe. 

Archived