WiFi Pineapple blocking all associations when "Enable PineAP" is ticked

NXRosalina

So about a week ago, I received my Pineapple MK7, and have been learning how to use it. It works very well, except for one detail:

I never noticed this until very recently. I also want to thank foxtrot for trying to help on the discord.

So the issue I am having, is that whenever I tick "enable PineAP" in the PineAP tab, the Pineapple will refuse to associate with any of my devices, wheter it is a spoofed network created itself or the Management/Open/Evil AP. Second I untick it to disable it, the pineapple let's me connect back to the default AP's.

It is not a filter problem, as both are set to DENY, and foxtrot provided commands to manually check if they were empty or may be a UI bug.

It is also not a problem with the device I am specifically using, as I tested with various devices and each of the, had the issue

Devices tested on:

-iPhone 8+ on 14.8

-Imac Pro 2017, Catalina 10.15.7

-Nintendo Switch(first version), 13.2

-Windows Computer, latest Windows 10

My pineapple is currently on stable 1.1.1

I am looking for data regarding this issue. Did you ever experienced this issue ? Which firmware are you currently using ? If you did experience the issue, which devices did you tested on ? If you do not have the issue, which firmware are you currently using ? Also, are you logging in the pineapple using ICS, USb ethernet or Wifi ?

There was another forum post describing that issue too, but it is old. So let's try to figure out what may cause this, and if devices just got smarter overnight, or something is really going on.

Haven't experienced this as it is described here.

1.1.1 stable
Filters deny/empty (x 2)

I grabbed some of my devices and connected them to the Mark VII open access point without any issues at all (connected after PineAP was enabled):

- Samsung SM-A310F running LineageOS and Kali NetHunter
- Nokia 3.1 on stock Android 10
- Sony D6603 on stock Android 6.0.1
- Google/LG Nexus 5 running UBports
- Toshiba Chromebook running stock ChromeOS
- ASUS Chromebook running GalliumOS 3.1
- Motorola Moto G8 Power running stock Android 11 (randomized MAC)
- Lenovo TB-8505F running stock Android 10 (randomized MAC)

Just to do something different from the above, I connected these devices to the Mark VII management AP (without any problems):
- Acer One 10 tablet/laptop running fully updated Windows 10 (32 bit)
- Dell 3180 Chromebook running Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS 64 bit

45 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

Haven't experienced this as it is described here.

1.1.1 stable
Filters deny/empty (x 2)

I grabbed some of my devices and connected them to the Mark VII open access point without any issues at all (connected after PineAP was enabled):

- Samsung SM-A310F running LineageOS and Kali NetHunter
- Nokia 3.1 on stock Android 10
- Sony D6603 on stock Android 6.0.1
- Google/LG Nexus 5 running UBports
- Toshiba Chromebook running stock ChromeOS
- ASUS Chromebook running GalliumOS 3.1
- Motorola Moto G8 Power running stock Android 11 (randomized MAC)
- Lenovo TB-8505F running stock Android 10 (randomized MAC)

Just to do something different from the above, I connected these devices to the Mark VII management AP (without any problems):
- Acer One 10 tablet/laptop running fully updated Windows 10 (32 bit)
- Dell 3180 Chromebook running Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS 64 bit

Interesting. Same firmware and settings, but you do not have the issue. Which method are you using to log in the Pineapple ?

3 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Log in? Web UI or ssh. But if you are referring to how I connect to the Pineapple in order to be able to log in to it, I use WiFi 98 times out of 100 (ish). The management AP in that case. Extremely rare that I use cable to connect to it.

Do you think a restore could be worth trying ? Since that happening is definetely not normal

So we found the behavior ! After a restore, I was able to connect to networks spawned by the Pineapple as long as I don’y have *Beacon Response* enabled. The second i do, now i can no longer connect. Leaving it untouched makes everything work again. Seems this is a bug 

Can't agree to that conclusion. I have some SSIDs in the pool. PineAP enabled along with Allow Associations, Beacon Response and Broadcast SSID Pool. No problems connecting to the different APs/SSIDs either it be some "fake" ones in the SSID Pool or the usual ones like the management SSID or open SSID. They all work. I even used a device that hasn't touched the Pineapple before and it connected happily to both AP broadcasted from the SSID Pool, the management AP and the open AP. Can't recreate/reproduce anything of what you are experiencing.

1 hour ago, dark_pyrro said:

Can't agree to that conclusion. I have some SSIDs in the pool. PineAP enabled along with Allow Associations, Beacon Response and Broadcast SSID Pool. No problems connecting to the different APs/SSIDs either it be some "fake" ones in the SSID Pool or the usual ones like the management SSID or open SSID. They all work. I even used a device that hasn't touched the Pineapple before and it connected happily to both AP broadcasted from the SSID Pool, the management AP and the open AP. Can't recreate/reproduce anything of what you are experiencing.

Then I am lost to why I am experiencing such behavior out of the box. I will try downgrading to the various versions of the Pineapple most probably, finding one that doesnt has said bug and then upgrading from there I guess

• 4 weeks later...

Archived