ALT F4 / ALT SPACE not working

JohnDoe14432

Hi,

I'm new to writing Ducky scripts and I'm trying to do "ALT F4" to close the currently active window. I've also tried using "ALT SPACE" but this doesn't seem to be working either. The only things that I can get to work are "ALT TAB" and "ALT (Single Character)". Any advice?

Which encoder are you using? There has been (or still is) problems with the jsencoder for some key combos. These problems aren't showing up when using the java based encoder. That's why I'm asking about which encoder you are using to be able to narrow it all down. There are adjustments possible if using the jsencoder that might help.

If you are using jsencoder you need to mod it a little. you need to change it

let key = args[0];  

should be line 440
change it to

let key = args;
let regex = new RegExp('(CONTROL|CTRL|SHIFT|ALT|GUI|WINDOWS|COMMAND)');
if (regex.test(args))
{
  key = args[0];
}

it was written to take the first letter which means the F keys, ENTER etc don't work.
if it was to stop people using multiply modifier keys.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:30 AM, dark_pyrro said:

Which encoder are you using? There has been (or still is) problems with the jsencoder for some key combos. These problems aren't showing up when using the java based encoder. That's why I'm asking about which encoder you are using to be able to narrow it all down. There are adjustments possible if using the jsencoder that might help.

I'm using Circuit Python on a Raspberry Pi Pico (https://github.com/dbisu/pico-ducky) so I don't need to encode. It must be something with the pico-ducky code and not the Ducky language. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Archived