MARK VII - Worst product ever, its useless without old modules.

NjRoot

I'm honestly pretty sad, Ive paid so much for MARK VII including stupid fees that almost doubled the price and it is completely useless.
Ive used it for like 4h, setup everything, tested some modules, and its horrible, its completely empty.

I can do more on your phone than using MARK VII... its really sad bro because I loved pineapple in the old days, and now its piece of trash to throw away. Money wasted.

Like, I truly feel that I want my money back... Seems like it regressed in time, you can pen-test things from 2003 basically...
Seriously, I am mad.... At least send me a a TETRA because I am not paying for another garbage device...

Ive payed 200$ in total for this, ITS RIDICULOUS MAN!
I am not rich, Ive putted money together just to buy this and I feel like I got robbed.

if I wanted to script my own modules I would do it on an RPI as it is easier than using your module-template...
You can buy 3 antennas for the price Ive paid for this device...

It seems Ive bought something from 2003... its just ridiculous.
This is supposed to be a pen-testing device not a Nokia 5300...

We all just want the modules bro, how long are you going to take to put all TETRA modules to MARK VII?
How can you not understand MARK VII doesn't do anything that it promises to do?

Stop robbing people @Darren Kitchen

Oh look another I want more modules comment that offers absolutely zero insight into what modules you think would be useful and why... for the rest of the community though, which modules do you actually want to see? SSL Split? (Doesn't work) most of the old Tetra modules are now included features in the PineAP Suite most of the nuked, defunked, patched, nerfed or otherwise dead modules are not. Sure they could include them just to pad things out and impress people like you who think everything should have a nice webui and be preconfigured ready for you to use it, but alas, they mostly don't work so what's the point?

Way I see it you've got two options, 1) Sell it (I'd recommend this given it's clearly not the right product for you) or 2) learn how to install the tools you want to use on OpenWRT, adde88 (https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools <- Not Hak5 endorsed just FYI) has built a big library on github of precompiled packages for the Mk7 if you're interested.

Might I also suggest a change in hobby and or profession, because if you're wanting an out of the box Uber Hacker Device 9000 then you won't find one, so save yourself the disappointment.

1 hour ago, PanicAcid said:

Oh look another I want more modules comment that offers absolutely zero insight into what modules you think would be useful and why... for the rest of the community though, which modules do you actually want to see? SSL Split? (Doesn't work) most of the old Tetra modules are now included features in the PineAP Suite most of the nuked, defunked, patched, nerfed or otherwise dead modules are not. Sure they could include them just to pad things out and impress people like you who think everything should have a nice webui and be preconfigured ready for you to use it, but alas, they mostly don't work so what's the point?

Way I see it you've got two options, 1) Sell it (I'd recommend this given it's clearly not the right product for you) or 2) learn how to install the tools you want to use on OpenWRT, adde88 (https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools <- Not Hak5 endorsed just FYI) has built a big library on github of precompiled packages for the Mk7 if you're interested.

Might I also suggest a change in hobby and or profession, because if you're wanting an out of the box Uber Hacker Device 9000 then you won't find one, so save yourself the disappointment.

Dont know who you are, but I really dont care.
This product is advertised with things that are no longer usable.
That is why you see all this comments on this forum complaining about it, because its bad advertising.
Everyone expect things that are just not in the product itself.
The way this product was presented is deceiving, that's all.
You realize this is just a cool empty box that looks cool.
Whatever it can do now, can be done with cheaper tech in 2022.

4 hours ago, NjRoot said:

That is why you see all this comments on this forum complaining about it, because its bad advertising.

Can you point out where exactly it says it does something it doesn't actually do?

We see all of these comments because people don't realise that the tetra modules were community developed and the community hasn't rushed to recreate modules that benefit nobody in the current times. WPS attacks, SSL splitting etc. All absolutely nerfed these days, they simply don't work.

When the tetra was still current do you have any idea how many folks came on the discord asking every day why modules didn't work anymore only to be told the exploits were nuked a long time ago lol.

Also I note you still haven't mentioned a single module you'd like to see ported to the mk7.. not a single one is ever mentioned because folks like you don't actually know what they need because they have no idea what they're doing, they just think more modules == better and that's simply not the case.

If you've looked at the link I sent you to adde's GitHub and looked through the PineAP suite and still think it's just an empty box then you're an absolute fool who clearly bought a product they're not equipped to use or understand.

15 hours ago, NjRoot said:

I thought you said you could do it with 2003 hardware. Make up your mind and stop whining like a 12 year old.  Grow up and learn how to communicate with people and maybe some manners whilst you are at it. 

11 hours ago, PanicAcid said:

Can you point out where exactly it says it does something it doesn't actually do?

We see all of these comments because people don't realise that the tetra modules were community developed and the community hasn't rushed to recreate modules that benefit nobody in the current times. WPS attacks, SSL splitting etc. All absolutely nerfed these days, they simply don't work.

When the tetra was still current do you have any idea how many folks came on the discord asking every day why modules didn't work anymore only to be told the exploits were nuked a long time ago lol.

Also I note you still haven't mentioned a single module you'd like to see ported to the mk7.. not a single one is ever mentioned because folks like you don't actually know what they need because they have no idea what they're doing, they just think more modules == better and that's simply not the case.

If you've looked at the link I sent you to adde's GitHub and looked through the PineAP suite and still think it's just an empty box then you're an absolute fool who clearly bought a product they're not equipped to use or understand.

Hi Panic,  with respect, it might be an idea to at least go into a little detail why things like WPS attacks "no longer work" as for the most part, people understand standards like WPS and suchlike to be a defined standard that is what it is and won't be updated until the next iteration of WPS or whatnot comes along.  Therefore, to any layman (myself included) would wonder why exactly it no longer works when there must be plenty of 'older' WPS compatible devices still out there to exploit. 

I hope that made sense. 

Also might be an idea to put a sticky on this forum that explains the current state of modules to address these many people who ask the same things over and over. 

11 minutes ago, princesstoadstool said:

Hi Panic,  with respect, it might be an idea to at least go into a little detail why things like WPS attacks "no longer work" as for the most part, people understand standards like WPS and suchlike to be a defined standard that is what it is and won't be updated until the next iteration of WPS or whatnot comes along.  Therefore, to any layman (myself included) would wonder why exactly it no longer works when there must be plenty of 'older' WPS compatible devices still out there to exploit. 

I hope that made sense. 

Also might be an idea to put a sticky on this forum that explains the current state of modules to address these many people who ask the same things over and over. 

*WAFFLE ALERT*

That was mainly just an example of a module that was once absolutely glorious that now is more often than not, useless.

Many manufacturers 'fixed' WPS exploits by either simply turning it off, setting a lockout until reboot limit etc. there's various other rate limiting measures taken that have pretty much taken all of the fun out of it. However if you do have an engagement where it's required adde88 has kindly built a pixiewps and bully package or you could build your own.

A lot of people forget that when buying a Hak5 product you're buying a tool, you're paying for the formfactor, the hardware implementation etc. Could you build a similar device to run similar tools using two alfas and a Raspberry Pi? Absolutely. But if you rock up on-site to a customer for a pentest what's going to look more professional? Which ones going to be more convenient for you? Pineapple hands down. Not only does it save you time (which in this game is money at the end of the day) but it looks a damn sight more professional than a jerry rigged RPi with adaptors hanging off of it. 

Ultimately though these are tools, they require the users input to do what the user wants, you can't buy a hammer from a shop and then get pissed when it doesn't build you a house out of the box. Can you hit things with it? Yep, good then it does it's job as a hammer. Can you use it to build a house? No, that's probably not the hammers fault.

As I've said multiple times the issue with modules for the Mk7 is everybody is sat around the dinner table banging their knives and forks demanding to be fed but nobody is getting off their arse and getting in the kitchen lol.

Hak5 have built a platform for users to create and deploy modules for everybody else to enjoy, the documentation and workflow for building modules is as good as it has ever been. (https://hak5.github.io/mk7-docs/docs/modules/modules/) and if everybody would start saying what modules they'd actually like to see then I've no doubt people would try and work on them. But instead people just want "more" with no definition of what more is.

Koala for example asked multiple times on the Discord "What modules would you like to see?" and nobody is coming back with an answer as to what and why. Foxtrot did a poll on it and I think SSL Split won, a module that is absolutely useless in this day and age, but because people are watching YouTube videos and reading blogs from 2012 they think it's the bees knees. 

It's a really difficult one and my heart genuinely bleeds for the Hak5 team because the product they've built does exactly what it says on the tin and they're getting shit like the OP above.

3 hours ago, princesstoadstool said:

*SNIP*

Also let's look at NjRoots interaction that lead to this "this product is trash" spree for transparency:

"ninjaroot — Yesterday at 14:29
Hey bros, kinda of a noob question but I want to learn
So technically wifi-pineapple works as router right?
So when I mimic a network, everyone who connects to it is technically connected to my network, right?
So, could I technically redirect everyone to one single page configured in my supposed router/wifi-pineapple?

I know about the HTTPS problem where you can only redirect via HTTP, but technically if the router is mine and people are using my network I should be able to redirect anyone to where ever I want, Am I wrong on this?

Because honestly im very sad with the MARK VII as it is horrible and almost empty in exploits, so i want to modify it, but im missing a few information.

can anyone help me on this?"

A few minutes later chasing for help because nobody replied right away:

"ninjaroot — Yesterday at 14:42
So how exactly is this configured in Wifi-Pineapple MARK VII?
"

To which another member replied saying:

"dark_pyrro — Yesterday at 14:43
good that you quote yourself after about 15 minutes.....
I don't get it..... You say you are a noob. You ask questions that more or less reveals that you haven't really learnt the features of the Pineapple. Still, you think it's horrible and want people here to help you modify it?! Ehhh.... not your bro....
."

and then Nj just proceeded to bash the product like he could develop a better product in his sleep despite previously showing that he has no idea what he's talking about or how certificate authority chains work:

"ninjaroot — Yesterday at 14:45
u just dumb bro, full features? like captive portal that only works on HTTP AHAHAHAHA
[14:45]
Like MARK VII cames with 4 modules lol
ninjaroot — Yesterday at 14:46
Which features noob?
dumb people 
no help here, only script kiddies here
"

The guys a clown, who in my opinion has invalidated their own opinion by acting like an idiot. Evil portal works absolutely fine, the guy just doesn't know how to use it and instead of admitting that and asking for help (without being negative and blaming the product for his ineptitude) decides to go off on a rampage bashing the product for no reason other than his own lack of understanding. Which is one of the most, if not the most common cause for posts like this. In my humble opinion anyway.

Archived