Do you think gaming machines need windows and LEDs?

Rab

Do you think gaming machines need windows and LEDs?  

76 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes Definately
    • No, I feel there's a place for 'sensible' gaming machines

I'm doing a bit of school work about planning a business which sells gaming systems for the mature gamer, the idea being to avoid windows and lights in the case for something more sensible, given that these kinds of people are not so interested in showing off at lan parties.

I'd appreciate it if you could answer the poll and post any opinions you may have regarding this.

Thanks.

My first computer that's primary purpose was gaming had this kind of stuff. my latest venture just has a unmodified Antec P180.

1.jpg

Since my implementation of this case I will go for practicality over style (not to say that the P180 is anaesthetically displeasing) every time. My first case was basically a dust trap as well as having other minor problems.

I think lights, windows and stuff look awesome but they aren't a requirement. They are basically for people who love their machines, just like car guys add gigantic stereo systems and body kits to their car we can do the same to our machines. Then again, lights you buy pre-made from stores and just clip on aren't cool either, home made for the win.

You don't have to be a modder to be a pro gamer.

My first computer that's primary purpose was gaming had this kind of stuff. my latest venture just has a unmodified Antec P180.

Since my implementation of this case I will go for practicality over style (not to say that the P180 is anaesthetically displeasing) every time. My first case was basically a dust trap as well as having other minor problems.

Diddo But black I have the case now I just need... everything else.

I dont think there needed, it depends on what you prefer, but for me its like a fast engine in a crappy car if you dont, saying that however you can have a nice slick case (no lights/windows) that still is a cool gaming machine, like a bently or some other fast powerful luxuriously car.

(the metaphors just keep on coming today)

[/code]

I had to vote no, simply because I think if you like gaming then you're probably (correct me if I'm wrong) gonna be satisfied with a build as long as it runs what you want it to.

How I came to that opinion? Well, my case is still an old Compaq Presario 5000, all the parts have been replaced but I haven't spent money on a fancy case simply because I don't see a reason to.

mybox.jpg

Though if you have to be fancy, I suggest that you try my mod, the worlds only external CDRW/HDD combo drive.

CDHDD.jpg

What you'll need: Hard Drive, CD burner, Piece of paper. Then you can be 1337 just like me.

:lol:

I dont really think all that is necessary. I acutally really dont like windows on computers. and on another note:

OMGoodenss Sparta! Ive been wanting that case for like 4 weeks now! it will soon be mine! :D

It depends on your demographic. Case mods are popular with teenagers, professional looking cases are for the older people.

You should probably offer both, but 75% of your systems should be normal looking cases. You could probably get away with upping the price of the modded cases too...

hmm im not to into shinny things :S thats y my main unit is a tt soprano case, though all true gamers it seems do use LEDs, cathodes or 'nutten.

also i think windows is a must for gaming, though all good ppl using XP need Duel boot :P

I think lights, windows and stuff look awesome but they aren't a requirement. They are basically for people who love their machines, just like car guys add gigantic stereo systems and body kits to their car we can do the same to our machines. Then again, lights you buy pre-made from stores and just clip on aren't cool either, home made for the win.

You don't have to be a modder to be a pro gamer.

Go check out your local chain autoshop and think about what mods you could do to your case all that stuff runs on 12 volts neon light tubes, remotes, hood ornements you cold put a webcam in ;) I saw a remote for your car door locks and want that in my case walk into room push remote button and computer starts up.... and it all cheap. :P

I saw a remote for your car door locks and want that in my case walk into room push remote button and computer starts up.... and it all cheap. :P

Seriously?! I'm so going to do that, you walk in the door to get home, press your key chain... here a beep and know your PC's getting ready for you. Make a cup of tea, head up and it's all waiting for you =)

Nothing beats home made innovation!

I say yeah, because it looks cool 8)

The cool blue lights give your room a nice ambiance too.

In terms of windows, hell no. I have a bunch of cooperate editions of the stuff though, so I use it.

I think he was talking about a clear plastic window on the side of the case with lights inside of the case so that you can see the internal components.

I was about to say the P180 but about everyone bet me to it :D .

No I don't think gaming cases need windows.

Maybe you could offer a custom computer service. Another way to do it is to give people a choice of cases they want their rig in. Personally I would go for the cheaper case (without windows and LEDs) and get better hardware.

Maybe you could offer a custom computer service. Another way to do it is to give people a choice of cases they want their rig in. Personally I would go for the cheaper case (without windows and LEDs) and get better hardware.

hmm true, if i could spend less then i defently would, but for most gamers, Airflow is important, for downloaders its even more. And when u spend money, they normaly give u a window, and with a window its pointless unless u can see into it, there LIGHTS!!! :P

Which them creates more heat <_<

hmm true, if i could spend less then i defently would, but for most gamers, Airflow is important, for downloaders its even more. And when u spend money, they normaly give u a window, and with a window its pointless unless u can see into it, there LIGHTS!!! :P

Which them creates more heat <_<

those led don't generate that much heat do they?...and if you've gone to the trouble and expense to mod a case you should have something nice under the hood. things like water cooled with neon antifreeze. in clear tube with black lights in case.

those led don't generate that much heat do they?...and if you've gone to the trouble and expense to mod a case you should have something nice under the hood. things like water cooled with neon antifreeze. in clear tube with black lights in case.

true though i use cathodes than LEDs, bigger light, more life, higher temps.

and ive never seen a neon antifreeze *heads to google*.

For gaming boxes i say i am more a fan of either super creative like the ammo cans or really good mods but personally i really like stealth no show off style cases. Your skills should be in the game not your use of a dremel and soldering iron :)

The best gaming mods to be are practical like monitor carrier attachments or handles. Simple but useful.