Responder upgraded to Python3

Targunitoth

Hey, Responder upgraded to Python3, so the automatic script for quickcreds is not working anymore.

When you run "/usr/bin/python /sd/Responder/Responder.py -I eth0 -w -r -d -P", you get the following message: "This script is meant to be run with Python3" and it exits.

Are you planning to upgrade the LAN Turtle to python3 some day?

The workaround is to install the last Python2 Responder.py version: https://github.com/lgandx/Responder/releases/tag/v3.0.5.0

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2021 at 5:04 AM, dark_pyrro said:

Repeating the same question as for the other user; tried to install it?

opkg update

opkg list | grep python3

Find some install candidate and install it, perhaps

opkg install python3

Yes i wasted 4 hours on that

downloaded and installed the python3 version for the mips kc 24 architecture (turtle board) and after installing the python3 , it still has issue with responder as the responder is not able to run because of failure importing netinfaces and ostools python modules....

no solutin yet found!!! Dont believe would be found. 
i installed the lhthon on mounted sd with no problem...

Not sure if it's relevant due to your other post that states that your Turtle isn't possible to be used because of some boot failure. But, in any case, it should be all possible to execute Responder on the Turtle after installing python3 and the python3-netifaces packages (along with other packages that the module needs). However, the Quickcreds module for sure needs some general tweaking though, but just getting the latest version of Responder running on the Turtle is possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, I install python3 on my lan turtle SD card with "opkg install --dest sd python3"

It works but as soon as I try to execute python3, I got those errors :

Error loading shared library libpython3.7.so.1.0: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/bin/python3)

Error relocating /usr/bin/python3: _Py_UnixMain: symbol not found

I understand the problem is the library : "libpython3.7.so.1.0" but there is no way to install it on the lan turtle..

Is there a fix to run python3 on the lan turtle?