Rubber Ducky Not Lighting up at all. Still flashable, but thats it.

Qat321

I just bought the usb rubber ducky and tried it out today. I was having some trouble with some stuff, but i was able to figure it out soon thanks to google and many in the community. I ran into a problem and guide suggested flashing my usb rubber ducky to twin duck. I did just that using your rubber ducky flasher. I was able to succesfully put the divce into dfu mode no problem. So it completes the process no problem, well after that my rubber ducky no longer emits a red or green light. Its like its in dfu mode, but its not. I tried reflashing the rubber ducky with all of your other options in the usb rubber ducky flasher menu such as 1,2, and 3 options. It was flashed with no issues. I it doesnt light up though. The sd card works fine in the sd card reader. I can flash the rubber ducky, add payloads to the rubber ducky, but i cant get it to light back up and perform its main function. I've tired resolving the issues on mac, windows bootcamp on mac, and a kali linux virtual machine, but nothing works. i really hope someone could help me. 

3 hours ago, Qat321 said:

flashing my usb rubber ducky to twin duck

Not sure what firmware you are currently on. Twinduck, stock or something else? Did the Ducky ever work out of the box or did you have problems straight away and tried to solve it by flashing Twinduck on it? Has the SD card ever worked with the Ducky? Have you tried to reformat the SD card and made sure that it only contains one partition? Tried other SD cards? If the Ducky is inserted to a computer WITHOUT an SD card, is the LED off or is it showing a red light?

I flashed the device to run twinduck. The terminal said your device was flashed successfully, would you like to return to main menu option 1 or 2.  The rubber ducky did work before just fine before I did that. I was just trying different payloads and stuff that required twinduck so I flashed it that because it was needed to do what I needed to do. The SD card does work. I’m able to use the sd card reader and load payloads onto it, but when I put the SD into the rubber ducky it doesn’t do anything. The rubber ducky doesn’t light up when plugged in with the SD card or without the the SD card. Everything about the rubber ducky was working properly before I flashed the sd to twin duck.

@dark_pyrro I flashed the device to run twinduck. The terminal said your device was flashed successfully, would you like to return to main menu option 1 or 2.  The rubber ducky did work before just fine before I did that. I was just trying different payloads and stuff that required twinduck so I flashed it that because it was needed to do what I needed to do. The SD card does work. I’m able to use the sd card reader and load payloads onto it, but when I put the SD into the rubber ducky it doesn’t do anything. The rubber ducky doesn’t light up when plugged in with the SD card or without the the SD card. Everything about the rubber ducky was working properly before I flashed the sd to twin duck.

@Jtyle6 thanks for the advice, but I’ve googled and googled and done everything I can think of to find some sort of information on this, but no matter where I look I can’t find anyone who mentions there rubber ducky not flashing any lights. Every post I’m seeing just says “USB rubbery ducky not working? USB rubber ducky solid red light. USB rubber ducky flashing green but doing nothing.” I can’t find anyone having this same problem. I’m not a complete noob. I was able to get the usb rubber ducky to work on Mac os and bypass the keyboard setup assistant. Yeah so I’d say I know what I’m doing, but I can’t figure the out to save my life.

Tried to flash it back to stock firmware? The twinduck firmware isn't officially supported, so if you're out of luck finding someone with the same experience, then you're on your own. If it was me, I would get it back to stock firmware and use the Duck as it was intended out of the box.

Archived