Can't log into Pineapple/Can't find reset (or any other) instruction.

dogtoe23

I have only been studying computers for a few years, but I have an IT degree and a 4.0 GPA studying Cyber Security. For some reason I feel like an idiot when using the Mark VII. The interface was clunky and unresponsive when I first got it, now after only a few days of using it I cannot even log in. To make things worse, there is no clear documentation for using the device, only a couple short YouTube videos that tell you nothing technical. I have seen several blogs on the subject with contradictory info. With that background out there, I would like to either 1) Return the device or 2) Factory Reset the device so that I can log in again.

I saved my passwords very carefully and typed them very carefully multiple times. The device was accepting the password, then kicking me off, and now it is just rejecting every password.

If anyone asks me if they should buy one of these, currently the answer is no. It is a toy that doesn't even work as a toy!

Two basic tips in your quest forward; 1) post Mark VII related questions in the correct part of the forum that covers the Mark VII and 2) submit a support ticket to Hak5 instead of using the forum if you think that the product has defects. This forum isn't an official support channel, it's a community used to discuss Hak5 products and the use of them.

Regarding documentation, there is actually a bit more of it rather than just the mentioned short videos.

https://help.hak5.org/wifi-pineapple/

Flexing that degree and experience in cybersec, you should really have no issues using the Pineapple.

I found my answer after I had already reinstalled the firmware via USB.

It would be really nice to have a digital version of the field manual available online for free for people who buy your device, since there is no manual and the field guide is never available for purchase in any form.

Also, I found the documentation you linked after I posted the question, but again it doesn't say much about using the Wifi Pineapple. It gives you a tour then a quick review of networking. I would much rather see some real world uses. Most of the related content on YouTube is outdated or poorly put together.

That is funny! I would have said that a few days ago, but after reloading the firmware it seems to run smoothly and captures handshakes very easily. Walking around my neighborhood with it in my backpack was especially interesting. I can still see that it is kind of a toy compared to Kali Linux and a powerful wireless adapter, but it has been fun playing with it...at least a nice distraction from learning Cisco, lol. Thanks for trying to help.

• 9 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 5:25 AM, dogtoe23 said:

I found my answer after I had already reinstalled the firmware via USB.

It would be really nice to have a digital version of the field manual available online for free for people who buy your device, since there is no manual and the field guide is never available for purchase in any form.

I want to factor reset my wifi Pineapple mark VII but i can't connect to the device by wifi/website or by plugging it in to my pc, can anybody put a link that i can download onto a usb stick and plug it in so i can retry connecting as if i just opened it out of the box?

Archived