Using OMG Cables with Adaptor

JesseZ

Would it be possible to use a usb-c to lighting adapter on one side of the directional usb-c cable? The only reason I would do this would be to use the smartphone injection feature.

Unrelated, but is there any indicator on which side the device and which side the power goes into for the cable?

Thank you!

Jesse

edit: For the general topic of using adapters on any of the OMG Cable models, there are tons of variables to consider: 
- which OMG Cable
- which functionality of the cable you are trying to use
- what connector style is on the cable
- what device(s) you are trying to connect it to and the connectors on them
- whether the adapter is a passive or active
- how much power is supplied by the device (it varies between connector types, and the implementation often varies between different manufacturers and models)

-----
original reply: 
There are way too many variables when adapters are involved for me to give any definitive answer there. I have tested the Directional Cable directly on an iPad Pro and multiple Android phones (all of which have Type C connectors). 

• 5 months later...

I wonder why is the explicit answer avoided? 

1. Can there be adapters used with the cable so that the active side form factor be plugged in different hosts?

2. Why can't payloads be delivered thru either side of the cable? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 12:03 PM, Wiz said:

I wonder why is the explicit answer avoided? 

1. Can there be adapters used with the cable so that the active side form factor be plugged in different hosts?

2. Why can't payloads be delivered thru either side of the cable? 

Some people have successfully used adapters. As I said, there are a lot of variables involved, which means there is no simple answer. It depends on which device, which adapter, what your payload needs are, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 1:34 AM, Amen said:

I would like to know if I can plug the active end into a Macbook using USB C Female to USB A Male Adapter. The target Macbook Air uses 67w USB-C power adapter and C-to-C cable, but by a USB C female adapter.

a C to A adapter will probably be fine. Not quite sure how the power adapter factors into this though. If you are trying to connect a USB C power source with a type A adapter, thats just not how USB C PD works. But that has nothing to do with an OMG Cable. 

I have this long phone charger cable that is a micro like that of older android phones before USB-C.  However there are two adapters attached to the cable.  One for lighting (Apple) and one for USB-C and if you want to plug in a USB-C you just put the USB-C adapter over the micro part of the cord and likewise with the lightening.  So I was just wondering if I have a OMG micro and I put a USB-C adapter over it will it still work?

We don't officially provide support for 3rd party devices, but feel free to experiment. Things like passive CtoA/AtoC adapters tend to work for many use cases. The O.MG Cables have a lot of different functionalities and deployment scenarios. So it also comes down to what you are trying to accomplish, what specific adapters are involved, what devices are attached, etc.

There are many versions of the cable available so that people can choose the correct ends for their needs. 

• 1 month later...

I was going to ask the same question.  I wanted to grab one but can't decide between USB-C to USB-C or lighting end!?! If possible to use an adapter that would help me make my decision. 

If I wasn't a broke as$ then I'd buy one of each. But for me times are rough and lost almost everything due to health issues and trashy ppl. Covid crap was just the nail in the coffin!

Please let me know if anyone has luck using usb c to lighting adapter plz. Or vice-versa.  Thanks!

• _MG_ changed the title to Using OMG Cables with Adaptor
On 1/12/2022 at 12:36 PM, InfamousM222 said:

I was going to ask the same question.  I wanted to grab one but can't decide between USB-C to USB-C or lighting end!?! If possible to use an adapter that would help me make my decision. 

If I wasn't a broke as$ then I'd buy one of each. But for me times are rough and lost almost everything due to health issues and trashy ppl. Covid crap was just the nail in the coffin!

Please let me know if anyone has luck using usb c to lighting adapter plz. Or vice-versa.  Thanks!

I have the lighting to c and I have tried a adapters on both ends and don’t seem to work . FYI the only end to send the Payload is the USB c side not the lighting side .

Well slap me and call me Susan!! 

Nah, but for real... that sux! On one of the videos by Mr. Bombal where he is testing cords apple and android. I swear he used lighting one to "penetrate" the Apple device?!? Maybe i need to review this. 

Wish I could get some definitive answers. I don't see why an adapter wouldn't work? As long as it is able to be assigned whatever corresponding USB pinout being used?

But what do I know? Nuchin! Str8 noob. I just want to get one and want one I can use with both Ahole and hemRoid devices! 

Any advice? On which cord to purchase? UsB-c to UsB-c keylogger,  or USB-C to Lightning keylogger? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived