Wifi-pineapple PineAP does not work as it should...

Pancakes

The WiFi-Pineapple PineAP does not work. It captures SSID's and brodcasts them, about 30% of the time..... And even when some does come up on my phone, i cant connect to them, as the error msg "Cant authenticate connection" comes up. I have tried forgetting them, and connecting again but it does not help. No PineAP access points show up on my PC, or my friends PC. I am quite familiar with the Wifi-PA NANO, and have to admit i am quite dissapointed with the mark VII. The installing at the start was very "rocky" (having to restart alot of times, having to flash a new firmware, etc) but it worked i guess.... Same with ICS through windows machine, i had to do about 3h of googling how to get it to work. The fix was a command that added the gateway manually with a "route" command in the Pineapple webshell. Cant remember the exact command.... Any help will be appreciated :=)

1 hour ago, Pancakes said:

The WiFi-Pineapple PineAP does not work. It captures SSID's and brodcasts them, about 30% of the time..... And even when some does come up on my phone, i cant connect to them, as the error msg "Cant authenticate connection" comes up. I have tried forgetting them, and connecting again but it does not help. No PineAP access points show up on my PC, or my friends PC. I am quite familiar with the Wifi-PA NANO, and have to admit i am quite dissapointed with the mark VII. The installing at the start was very "rocky" (having to restart alot of times, having to flash a new firmware, etc) but it worked i guess.... Same with ICS through windows machine, i had to do about 3h of googling how to get it to work. The fix was a command that added the gateway manually with a "route" command in the Pineapple webshell. Cant remember the exact command.... Any help will be appreciated :=)

mine is the same way . it wont capture HS or it becomes very unresponsive. the ICS is always a hit or miss i have to reboot the mrk7 a lot of times to get it to work. i hope they fix it.

On 11/2/2021 at 3:55 PM, Pancakes said:

i cant connect to them, as the error msg "Cant authenticate connection" comes up.

This is a filters problem. Please see below.

On 11/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, Pancakes said:

And yes, i have double checked all the filtering options about 3 times, it is set to allow everything

The way you word the message leads me to believe your settings are in "Allow/Allow" mode with nothing in the filter entries. This is wrong. Make sure that you are in "Deny/Deny" mode, with the filters empty. Think of it as "allowing nobody" and "denying nobody".

On 11/2/2021 at 3:55 PM, Pancakes said:

Same with ICS through windows machine, i had to do about 3h of googling how to get it to work. The fix was a command that added the gateway manually with a "route" command in the Pineapple webshell.

Can you verify that this is happening on the latest firmware? 1.1.1. The route selection should be happening automatically now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, Foxtrot said:

This is a filters problem. Please see below.

The way you word the message leads me to believe your settings are in "Allow/Allow" mode with nothing in the filter entries. This is wrong. Make sure that you are in "Deny/Deny" mode, with the filters empty. Think of it as "allowing nobody" and "denying nobody".

Can you verify that this is happening on the latest firmware? 1.1.1. The route selection should be happening automatically now.

Thanks for the answer, i dont have the oppurtunity to check now, but i will check the filters again... i am sure it was on the latest software.

Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...

Yes I am having the same issue as well. When I leave "Allow Associates" turned on but keep PineAP Daemon off my clients can connect to associated ssids just fine. However I would like to use the broadcast feature. I turned on PineAp and then checked on Beacon responses, Capture SSIDs, and Broad Cast SSIDs. While it works with Capturing the SSIDs and Broadcasting them my clients can no longer connect. The moment I turn PineAP off they can connect but only with Associates. I would like to try to broadcast the SSSID pool and have it so that clients can connect to them. The filters are set to Deny/Deny and have no Mac filters in them so it cannot be a filter related issue as like I said before. If I turn PineAP off, clients can connect with associates just not when I broadcast the pool with PineAP. I am using the latest version 1.1.1 let me know if there is something I am not doing or a work around for it. But if not and I just need to wait for an update then so be it. 

Archived