WiFi Pineapple Mark VII root password not valid even though it’s right

Legoshi

I don't get it. While I was using my Pineapple, My computer switches to another WiFi. I had the Pineapple SSID host connection (I believe that's what it's called) hidden. I got back into it, but when I did I tried logging into my root but it's telling me my credentials are invalid. I know for a fact that I'm using the correct password to log in too. What is going on?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 2:13 AM, sept11pg said:

I also have this issue, with my new Pineapple VII (read my two post for context)  I HAVE a solution and I hope that HK5 is smart enough to take my solution. 

Yea I fixed it haha such admin with these devices. Let me know if you still cant log into your mark 7

I CAN NOT log in nor can I do a factory reset, nothing will work not even their procedures.  I wish I could PAY them so Permanently REMOVE and and all password requirements from the device.  It is NOT use outside of School I would sign a waiver for the removal of any and all passwords...  Or they/ someone if they can design a UBS Thumb drive to plug into a Pineapple-VII USB directly, that self executes a factory resort for such incidents?

They should be embarrassed at the lack of empathy or response, the basic concept is nice but, when my college professors seen this poor response and poor quality of workmanship they laughed and reiterated that I should have used "Ettercap" in Kali Linux for my class exercises. 

I as well as most people, AM willing to pay them more money: if they produce a metallic cased with weatherproof seals and better switches, as well as more LEDs and or a Digital gauge for indications.  IN ADDITION to my above non-pass word protected device.  For educational purposes, this IS educational on WHY not to buy one again...

Taken from https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360055166053-Firmware-Recovery

Firmware Recovery  

The WiFi Pineapple features a firmware recovery web interface which allows you to restore the device to factory state. This recovery interface is only accessible via the USB Ethernet interface and cannot be accessed via WiFi.      

Download the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII recovery image from downloads.hak5.org.     

Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.     

Begin holding the reset button on the device.     

With the reset  button held, connect a USB cable between your computer and the USB-C port on the WiFi Pineapple.    

Continue holding the reset button until the LED blinks red three times, then release the button and the LED will show solid red.     

From your computer, configure the USB Ethernet interface (ASIX) associated with the WiFi Pineapple to have a static IP address of 172.16.42.42 with the netmask 255.255.255.0.     

From your computer, browse to http://172.16.42.1:80     Navigate to the recovery tab, upload the image from the first step and flash the firmware. 

Do not power off or unplug the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII during the firmware flashing process, as doing so may damage the device.  This process will take between 5–10 minutes to complete.

When finished the WiFi Pineapple will reboot, and you may access the initial setup page at http://172.16.42.1:1471

Note: If you have trouble reaching the recovery web interface from step 7 after configuring the static IP address from step 6, consider disabling any additional interfaces (WiFi, second Ethernet) or reconfiguring your routing table such that the 172.16.42.0/24 network is accessible.

I'm on my phone and the formatting is pretty bad.

And I don't have this version of the wifi pineapple yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

well whats next step cause even they default password says invalid credentials. I myself am not to happy with this being the first product i have used of thiers and it being over $100. and i have barely gotten it to set up one day on a kali linux comp. then get creds invaild, do a factory resst, and then cant get it to download modules, or even connect to my home network for no support. no information out and about. but as community these one of the best tools to have, yea if your a complete idoit. cause these things are not working, and i have been seeing alot more people saying abbout issues then people saying they work. about to sell it on mercari, and save some money and get a alfa adapter.

i have also emailed myself the log in from my linux laptop, and copy and pasted to my windows pc, and the pineapple says invalid. hook it up to my linux, and it allows me into my dashboard. so yea there is major flaws with this and im not seeing anything anywhere on a fix. besides for factory resetting and hoping it sticks that time.

Archived