Internet sharing not working in arming mode

jack.slack

Hi everyone

I followed the steps to share my internet connection from windows as per below link

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010554193-Sharing-an-Internet-connection-from-Windows

The steps complete successfully while booted into switch (payload) 1. However, when I switch back to arming mode to connect to linux bash bunny serial console using putty, I get no internet connectivity

root@bunny:~# ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group defaul                                                      t
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen                                                       1000
    link/ether 36:c3:fa:c1:ba:eb brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: tunl0: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
    link/ipip 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
4: gre0: <NOARP> mtu 1476 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
    link/gre 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
5: sit0: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
    link/sit 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
6: ip6tnl0: <NOARP> mtu 1452 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
    link/tunnel6 :: brd ::

root@bunny:~# curl https://api.ipify.org
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: api.ipify.org

what am I missing here?

so the point of getting the bash bunny online is to install software with apt or git. If I could only get on the internet while in switch position 1 with ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET, then how do I access the bunny console to install packages? Don't I need to be in arming mode to access the serial console?

5 hours ago, jack.slack said:

Thanks @Bob123 I guess it pays off to read ahead in the manual before trying things out. I got this sorted out as you suggested just changed to ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET SERIAL and that did it.

Just for the record, you could also connect to the bunny via Ethernet (as Bob123 already said) using SSH. You don't need serial.

ssh root@172.16.64.1

Archived