my Pineapple got the wrong HS

Deuce022

I know, they just dont get it! I just been asked, by Jtyle6 a Dedicated Member I must add as as to why i am "bitter" towards a product & company that took MY money and sold me as device that many people have proven isnt ready and they stuggle to support, the audacity of it! like I must be greatful..

@Deuce022

I'm assuming HS means handshake here. The explanation for this is simple: When you initiate a handshake capture for an access point, the Recon scan will stay on the channel of the selected AP channel. Any handshakes seen on this channel are captured because it is easy to do so, and it's "free", if that makes sense.

Thanks

On 9/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, Foxtrot said:

@Deuce022

I'm assuming HS means handshake here. The explanation for this is simple: When you initiate a handshake capture for an access point, the Recon scan will stay on the channel of the selected AP channel. Any handshakes seen on this channel are captured because it is easy to do so, and it's "free", if that makes sense.

Thanks

So if im logged to the pineapple via management AP and im on that same channel is it going to kick me off the pineapple ?

11 hours ago, Deuce022 said:

So if im logged to the pineapple via management AP and im on that same channel is it going to kick me off the pineapple ?

No...

The handshake capture works by sniffing wireless frames from the air. It doesn't disconnect anything. Deauthentication attacks are done by sending frames on an AP or STAs behalf. These two things are not exclusive to eachother.

Everything here is working as intended, it seems.

Archived