Why is everyone so mad about how much Vista costs?

ferret

It's not you can't still use an analogue TV after the analogue switch-off though, you just need a decoder box thing. The last analogue mobile phone network (operated by Vodafone) in the UK shut down in 2001, but I don't think I've actually ever known anyone who owned an analogue phone, and certainly not then - everyone had GSM phones.

(why do poor people always have **huge** tv sets?)

because they have to get rid of there money in there bank account so the goverment gives them more

Yeah, those poor people are all scum. Why can't they earn lots of money like everyone else? :roll:

(this was before anyone and there dog could get a loan/credit)

No, its not a "I'm rich, why don't you just get a job like me" argument. Because trust me, I'm not rich but I've worked hard and I can get paid OK for my skills considering my age and lack of qualifications.

Its just the simple case that when I was a kid, I never had TV sets that took up the entire living room or dressed head to toe in expensive clothes. My mum and her husband worked hard, and we always had generally a good standard of life.

But the kids who's parents had been on benefits since they got kicked out of school and never stopped producing yet more kids they couldn't afford and didn't care about always had Nike shoes, the latest clothes, huge TV sets and a bazillion channels of satalite TV. Yet they still got free meals at school, free bus passes and there uniform paid for by the school.

Why do they have huge TV sets if they need help paying for food?

I wasn't really responding to you VaKo, I was responding to W4RP3D's "all poor people are dole scum" implication.

I can only guess at the reason some poor people might spend their money on stuff like TVs and expensive clothing, perhaps it's a show of wealth of sorts - sort of like striving to either be or look like how they perceive richer people are/look so as to prove they can have the same things... or something. I'm not sure that sentence made sense.

Horza, im sorry i didnt meen it in that way. I dont no were you live but there is a percentage of people here in the UK who dont even attempt to get work and just live of the state. And basically what vako just said.

Im sorry if i worded it wrongly or didnt explain my reasons for saying that.

Just for the record since I actually own Vista I will tell you that it is way better than xp. I have been using it since it came out and I have not had 1 single crash or silly message about programs having to quit and the nonsense about sending a note to microsoft. Now and then I boot up my xp box and it is not fun using it. For people that say Vista is just like xp. Not. For people that say "there are too many different versions and I get my brain all confused" If your not smart enough to be able to tell the difference between Vista Basic and Ultimate then you should not even own a computer. You dumb. And never try Linux because there are so many different choices there that your head will spin. Just for the record my computer that I homemade and is running Vista is a pleasure to use. I have not had any trouble with any drivers or getting printers to work. I love these yahoo articles that come out and they try to tell people not to buy Vista because your Hp printer wont work with it. Yeah right! If you hate Bill Gates or Microsoft then don't ever buy anything they make. As far as the price goes, My copy was $149, that will $29 dollars a year over the time I will use it. If you can't afford $30 a year then don't ever get a girlfriend because they will suck down more money than that in one weekend. The search feature in vista is great. You never even have to look for anything. With my macbook it never seems like Spotlight ever finds what I want as quick, so I never use it. Vista search almost reads my mind and comes up with the right choice right off the bat. So those people that say "I can't find anything in Vista because Microsoft changed the menu systems" are full of bull.

top reasons I bought Vista

1. because I could

2. to piss off Mac friends

3. I have to buy all the new systems just for the hell of it.

4. its fun to learn new things

5. because I could deduct it on my business taxes