PPServer: PPV: 30 H: BAYPPLOGN2B14 V: 0

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Expires: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 07:17:41 GMT

Cache-Control: no-cache

Pragma: no-cache

P3P: CP="DSP CUR OTPi IND OTRi ONL FIN"

Set-Cookie: MSPRequ=lt=1172474321&co=1&id=N; path=/;version=1

Set-Cookie: MSPOK=uuid-d7424590-8a4d-4493-ab90-8bed4af4511a; domain=login.live.com;path=/;version=1

Connection: Keep-Alive

Content-Length: 8080

<!-- ServerInfo: BAYPPLOGN2B14 2006.10.31.02.02.43 Live1 Unknown LocVer:0 -->

<!-- PreprocessInfo: ppbuild:PASSBLD08, Tue 10:31:2006- 1:25:00.19 -- Version: 4,500,6241,0 -->

I did 6 fingerprints on Live.com and 3 said Mac, 2 said Windows Server and 1 said unknown.

EDIT: not 5 fingerprints, 6 fingerprints

What are you using to do this?

I would really doubt live.com on OS X, but i did read somewhere, probably just as inaccurate, that msn.com and other MS assets in fact use Linux based firewalls and that scans were showing up as Linux.

That would be pretty funny

An older MS internal whitepaper from August 2000 on switching Hotmail, which MS acquired in 1997, from front-end servers running FreeBSD and back-end database servers running Solaris to a whole farm running Win2K, reads like a veritable sales brochure for UNIX, but concludes that the company ought to set the right example by ensuring that each division "should eat its own dogfood."

The whitepaper, by MS Windows 2000 Server Product Group member David Brooks, has been posted on the Web by Security Office, which says it discovered the item and numerous other confidential MS documents on a poorly protected server. There are a number of other fascinating documents posted, in which the careful reader will find a veritable treasure map for hacking the citadel, but the one I enjoyed best was the comparison between Win2K and UNIX.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/21/ms_paper_touts_unix/

http://www.securityoffice.net/mssecrets/hotmail.html

Worth a read. I wouldn't be suprised if MS used solaris and sun kit to be honest, nothing Microsoft has is really in the big iron class of OS.