Root Password Leaking in SSID

TheWolfsfang

Finally got some time to get back on the horse and fire up my Pineapples for the first time in over a year. Just to see if I can get past the Firmware issues I had previously been stuck on. Thankfully I got one working, but it keeps leaking old SSID's and even using it's ROOT password as an SSID. What the hell is going on here? I don't have the time right now to dive much deeper. What am I missing?? I have totally firmware reset this device, yet it STILL shows ancient SSID's and it's own ROOT PASSWORD as an SSID. This is totally new to me. Any suggestions? Thanks

• 2 months later...

I use the TP-Link Archer C5400 model. I chose according to the most important criteria for me. The modem is fast and powerful. It also works at an extensive range. That's why the price is so high. I did not regret that I gave my money for this model. I monitor the work of the router through the website https://192-168-1-1ip.mobi/find-router-ip-address/. I change passwords and channels to get rid of the load on the network. I've been using it for about six months. So far, there have been no problems. And I think it won't appear. Moreover, a guarantee is issued for it.

Archived