• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The factory reset process is detailed in the new documentation center at https://help.hak5.org/bash-bunny/troubleshooting/factory-reset

It's important to note that the device must be unplugged *after* the green LED turns off during initial boot.

What's happening behind the scene is that initially during boot a boot counter file is incremented. Once the boot process completes, the counter is reset. So the device needs to be unplugged between the counter file incrementing and resetting in order for the factory reset script to initiate on the 4th boot (when the counter file reads "3").  I hope that helps!

30 minutes ago, Darren Kitchen said:

The factory reset process is detailed in the new documentation center at https://help.hak5.org/bash-bunny/troubleshooting/factory-reset

It's important to note that the device must be unplugged *after* the green LED turns off during initial boot.

What's happening behind the scene is that initially during boot a boot counter file is incremented. Once the boot process completes, the counter is reset. So the device needs to be unplugged between the counter file incrementing and resetting in order for the factory reset script to initiate on the 4th boot (when the counter file reads "3").  I hope that helps!

Technically you can do with device. From Phone's to portable battery chargers.

And bit of a heads up you might want trun off comments on the mark 2 video.

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 4:40 AM, dark_pyrro said:

It has been reported that some Mk2 Bunnies comes without the restore image from factory. Mine came without it. Had to put it there to make the factory/firmware reset working.

I was just wondering how you did this, becuase it seems like im having the same issue, i've followed the restoration process multiple times and it never works, how did you manually add the firmware?

Archived