is there any module coming for mark 7? which wifi card should i buy for 5ghz

can i expect few modules for mark7 in the future?

which wifi card should i buy to make my mark7 to receive 5ghz networks as well as im very confused i also read the documentation of 5ghz on the hak5's page but many users reported it as its not working fine. thanks 🙂

Bugger I missed read this topic. 🤦🤦The original post is below 👇

The chip shortage is the main problem.

But here was a update in April of this year.

I don't know the rest of it

Edited by Jtyle6
Bugger missed read topic.

4 hours ago, samarth said:

can i expect few modules for mark7 in the future?

which wifi card should i buy to make my mark7 to receive 5ghz networks as well as im very confused i also read the documentation of 5ghz on the hak5's page but many users reported it as its not working fine. thanks 🙂

Module development is community driven, so basically it's up to you and others to make this happen. Some modules are being developed atm and being released. One big misconception is that there are so few modules for the Mk7 compared to the Nano/Tetra. However, that is just a "number game". Ppl look at the list of modules for the Nano/Tetra and then look at what's available for the Mk7 and think it's so bad that the Mk7 has such few modules available. However, some of the modules for previous models have been included in the base functionality of the Mk7 (i.e. it isn't needed as a module, it's there from the start integrated into the Mk7). Then, some modules are really obsolete due to the fact that the cyber security landscape is always shifting and moving forward. Some modules were "converted" by Hak5 at the time of release, although the module development should be community driven (and also has been in the past).

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/sections/360008923634-Development

Any of the 5 GHz adapters that are in the list of compatible ones should work, I mainly use the Alfa ACM but also other ones with the same chipset. I haven't experienced any problems this far (using the beta that is).

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360054071133-Compatible-802-11ac-adapters

6 hours ago, chrizree said:

Module development is community driven, so basically it's up to you and others to make this happen. Some modules are being developed atm and being released. One big misconception is that there are so few modules for the Mk7 compared to the Nano/Tetra. However, that is just a "number game". Ppl look at the list of modules for the Nano/Tetra and then look at what's available for the Mk7 and think it's so bad that the Mk7 has such few modules available. However, some of the modules for previous models have been included in the base functionality of the Mk7 (i.e. it isn't needed as a module, it's there from the start integrated into the Mk7). Then, some modules are really obsolete due to the fact that the cyber security landscape is always shifting and moving forward. Some modules were "converted" by Hak5 at the time of release, although the module development should be community driven (and also has been in the past).

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/sections/360008923634-Development

Any of the 5 GHz adapters that are in the list of compatible ones should work, I mainly use the Alfa ACM but also other ones with the same chipset. I haven't experienced any problems this far (using the beta that is).

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360054071133-Compatible-802-11ac-adapters

I purchased the recommended ALFA AC adapter but no power seems to get to it from the usb port. Have tested the port is working and I have tested the adapter on my desktop and laptop with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Edited by HammerHead_0718

The USB adapter power LED does not light up. The USB Devices section of the GUI does not show the adapter. And looking before and after plugging in the adapter in the /dev/ folder show shows no difference.

Thanks for your help.

The LED never lights up on mine when attached to the Mk7. Check with lsusb. Also use the beta release to get "built in" 5 GHz support. If not, you have do some workarounds to use 5 GHz adapters for scanning and such in the web gui.

I hope you mean the standard when you say "AC", because if you bought the Alfa AWUS036AC you are a bit out of luck, it's the ACM that is compatible (they look the same but the "M" is important so that you get the correct chipset).

1 hour ago, chrizree said:

I hope you mean the standard when you say "AC", because if you bought the Alfa AWUS036AC you are a bit out of luck, it's the ACM that is compatible (they look the same but the "M" is important so that you get the correct chipset).

Nope, I have the `AWUS036ACM` model.

The LED never lights up on mine when attached to the Mk7. Check with lsusb. Also use the beta release to get "built in" 5 GHz support. If not, you have do some workarounds to use 5 GHz adapters for scanning and such in the web gui.

Really good to know.

I am on the beta channel.

I'll have to try `lsusb` Thanks for you help!

It should automagically show up as wlan3 (in the web gui and of course when executing ifconfig)

Looks like it's working now. 

Had to reinstall the firmware.

Now I'm getting the adapter both in the shell and GUI.

Thanks for your help @chrizree

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chrizree said:

It should automagically show up as wlan3 (in the web gui and of course when executing ifconfig)

so should i wait for mk7ac module or should i buy alfa AWUS036ACM? right now i have alfa awus1900 adapter but it doesnt work with mk7 at all.

44 minutes ago, samarth said:

so should i wait for mk7ac module or should i buy alfa AWUS036ACM? right now i have alfa awus1900 adapter but it doesnt work with mk7 at all.

Just buy the AWUS036ACM who know when they are gonna push out the ac adapter .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.  

I just got the AWUS036ACM but it does not show up on my pineapple mk7.   Can anyone tell me the procedure to load the drivers / firmware?  I am on 1.1.0 Beta 2

Thanks in advance 

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0bda:0811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Sorry its the Alpha AWUS036ACS, not ACM

yes, I believe I ordered the wrong one from Amazon 😞

I can select the wlan3 interface for recon, but Pineap does not start so it's not working.

I will get the proper supported adaptor