Jump to content

Mark 7 is a paper weight


ZAKON
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why are you selling an unfinished product? I spent 5 hours trying to set it up and it refuses to connect to the internet.

Now I can't even access the web interface at http://172.16.42.1:1471 as it just refuses to connect, restarts don't help.

The documentation is also trash. It says to change IPV4 address to 172.16.42.42... What's the mask? What's the default gateway?

Finish a product and make it usable first before selling it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a completely different experience of the product... You are spraying info all over the place. Try to focus on describing exactly what you try to do and at what stage. When you say you should change the IP address to 172.16.42.42, what are you trying to do? The range is specified in the docs on several places (but it's not that hard to figure out, since; what range are the most common for private IPv4 addresses used in local networks...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree its a difficult system to setup and I support your rant for this issue -- my issue I had to press the everliving shit out of that button. /24 is 99% of the time used and yes the documentation is less then awesome y'all should put up a wiki and let customers fix this for you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chrizree said:

I have a completely different experience of the product... You are spraying info all over the place. Try to focus on describing exactly what you try to do and at what stage. When you say you should change the IP address to 172.16.42.42, what are you trying to do? The range is specified in the docs on several places (but it's not that hard to figure out, since; what range are the most common for private IPv4 addresses used in local networks...)

Really depends on the original idea of the designer. The IP address is weird to begin with. I figured it out after completely flashing the system but it should not have been that complicated or take that many attempts. Also, is the 5G module ever going to be in stock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ZAKON said:

Why are you selling an unfinished product? I spent 5 hours trying to set it up and it refuses to connect to the internet.

The product is a complete one. Perhaps if you added some actual information to your post, I'd be able to get an understanding of why you had issues connecting to the internet, but since you didn't I'll address the other points in your post instead.

20 hours ago, ZAKON said:

Now I can't even access the web interface at http://172.16.42.1:1471 as it just refuses to connect, restarts don't help.

This is more than likely because you are either outright not connected to the WiFi Pineapple, or because your IP settings are configured incorrectly.

20 hours ago, ZAKON said:

The documentation is also trash. It says to change IPV4 address to 172.16.42.42... What's the mask? What's the default gateway?

The netmask is pre-populated for you in Windows' connection editor, and in NetworkManager on linux, but because it's a 172.16.0.0 network, it's 255.255.0.0. The default gateway is not a required entry.

14 hours ago, spudgunman said:

I agree its a difficult system to setup and I support your rant for this issue -- my issue I had to press the everliving shit out of that button. /24 is 99% of the time used and yes the documentation is less then awesome y'all should put up a wiki and let customers fix this for you

I really disagree that it's difficult to setup. But I'm happy to hear what exact changes you would like to see to make it easier.

14 hours ago, ZAKON said:

Really depends on the original idea of the designer. The IP address is weird to begin with. I figured it out after completely flashing the system but it should not have been that complicated or take that many attempts. ...

Why is the IP address weird? It's a standardised range for a private network, as described in RFC1918.  There is absolutely nothing "weird" about it. Regardless of that, details about the IP Address of the device are included in the docs in written and video form. Setup instructions are also included on the card that comes inside every box.

14 hours ago, ZAKON said:

Also, is the 5G module ever going to be in stock?

Like many other companies, we are also suffering the effects of a global chip shortage. Yes, it will come. In the meantime, you can view our documentation for what adaptors have support, and check the beta thread for support that is coming soon to a stable build.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I was able to setup mine within 15 minutes or so.

Screwed on the antennas, plugged in a power supply, turned it on, waited for the led to turn blue (continuously), connected to the Pinexx_#### SSID. Then browsed to the ip mentioned. It did not accept my Wifi password as it was too long so used the '4 seconds' option with AP on. Then uploaded a firmware binary that I had already downloaded a few day ago from disk. Then boot, wait,wait, reconnect to the AP, continue setup. No issues what so ever.

After that I connected a USB Ethernet adapter to the USB port and that worked immediately. Later I was able to connect the MK7 to the internet as a client to my WiFi AP using the long password, Basically all this was documented

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...