Is the screen crab detectable?

n37r0

Are there ways in software / operating systems, eg. checking uevents in linux to identify that a screen crab sits in the middle of a "laptop <--> s_crab <--> monitor" set up?

Also, microsd SDHC should be fine, right?

I haven't seen any indications that the Crab is detected in any way and I think there should be no such risk since it acts as a HDMI splitter. As the SDHC format has a upper limit of 32 GB and I'm mainly running my Crab with a 64 GB card, then SDHC is for sure OK to use.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:41 AM, chrizree said:

I haven't seen any indications that the Crab is detected in any way and I think there should be no such risk since it acts as a HDMI splitter. As the SDHC format has a upper limit of 32 GB and I'm mainly running my Crab with a 64 GB card, then SDHC is for sure OK to use.

Thanks plenty, Hak5 Ninja, Chrizree.

• 9 months later...

It appears to be detectable  . I noticed that it didn't show up on my laptop. However when I connected it to my desktop via  my radon graphics card  I had the following results . If you go to display settings then advanced display settings in windows 10  then under select display it shows up as lontium which is the hdmi chip brand . This isn't ideal . Furthermore if you go to regedit and look up LTM401 you will find the drivers are detected for lontium. This is a pretty major flaw for a "undetectable device. There should be a way to spoof the name of a diffrent monitor at minimal.  In the perfect world it should not reply to the computer via hdmi but instead send the data request to the actual monitor and relay the response back to the main system acting as a screen capture listener .

Archived