I need suggestions for my podcast theme

advil

I suggest you make more descriptive thread titles.

I suggest you try not to use mov files. Not everyone wants to install iTunes to play them or has something else that can play them.

Even after watching the video I'd have to suggest you tell us what your podcast is supposed to be about before any more suggestions are made.

First of all your going to want to work on your encode skills as it's very blocky and pixelated. I am not sure if you did a re encode to get to the .mov file but it's pretty bad.

Second bring your music volume up a bit. It seems a bit weak for an intro. Intros should slap you across the face but at the same time give info about your show like hosts, title, etc.

Third the title text is a bit messy. If you don't have the big editing gear like Final Cut, Premire, or Vegas try and stick with simple white on black in a good readable font. Fancy up the font if you want but stay readable at the output size. Think about tossing together a logo in the gimp or photoshop and making the image at your output resolution. This will spiff up the production value with out a lot of cost of fancy editing gear.

Good things:

- I really enjoyed the video clips even at the bad quality. There is definatly some usable footage there that will bring in a lot of personality.

- Song choice is good but as i said kick it to 11 (not quite but you get what i mean).

Things To Try:

- Ask around here on the forums for some encode tips. Lots of IPTV folks in these woods so i am sure someone could at least try and help.

- If you don't have the graphics skills to toss a logo together figure out your video output resolution and find someone to make one for you. Most photoshop folks get board easy and will take on little projects like this if you ask nice and have at least an idea of where your going.

Hope this helps a little. If not feel free to ask more questions :)

Not sure how most people feel but being in MOV format doesn't bother me coz i think everyone should use vlc which plays everything anyway.

too bad it doesn't matter what you think... you need to do what your 'clients' want

That is true but I still can have my opinion...just like I think everyone should use firefox.

Not sure how most people feel but being in MOV format doesn't bother me coz i think everyone should use vlc which plays everything anyway.

too bad it doesn't matter what you think... you need to do what your 'clients' want

That is true but I still can have my opinion...just like I think everyone should use firefox.

You're fired, you can't tell my typewriter monkeys they can't use Internet Explorer and RealPlayer, we've used them for years. You've got a week to clear our network of this crap and all the spyware it got and then you're out.

You're fired, you can't tell my typewriter monkeys they can't use Internet Explorer and RealPlayer, we've used them for years. You've got a week to clear our network of this crap and all the spyware it got and then you're out.

lol you know not of how true that really is my friend.

Windows Media Player

What's that?

it's a backdoor built into windows... like most microsoft products

It comes with Media Player Classic (from source forge) which is a basic rip from windows media player 6 but with tons of addons and support for other formats, like quicktime. Its not a real "Windows" program from microsoft, just named media player after the original windows version.

mpclassic.jpg

Windows Media Player

What's that?

it's a backdoor built into windows... like most microsoft products

It comes with Media Player Classic (from source forge) which is a basic rip from windows media player 6 but with tons of addons and support for other formats, like quicktime. Its not a real "Windows" program from microsoft, just named media player after the original windows version.

mpclassic.jpg

lol they saying that u said Windows Media Player, u kinda forgot the Classic at the endm huge difference in the qual of the program, classic actualy works.