Too many toys.

Paralys

Well, I saw somewhere how to make a sort of makeshift laptop bag out of a T-shirt. I can't remember where it was shown. But thats kinda what I'm looking for. See. I go to highschool and I'm looking for some way to keep all the various electronics I keep on me organized. Stuff like:

Laptop

Extra laptop hard drive

Cellphone

MP3 Player

Digital Camera

Nintendo DS

USB Cords and power cord for laptop.

Needless to say that takes up a *little* space. :lol: So I'm wondering if anyone has any ways of organizing the stuff that you could make at home, (preferably ones that look don't make you look odd for carrying them around in public) If no one has any suggestions for a home made way of orgainizing these (like a bag or someway to make something with pockets) then if anyone has experience buying these kinda bags/backpacks and know a good, STURDY (I'm constantly moving through crowds of people and don't want my stuff to get beat up in the process) , and cheap one, then give me a brand name and maybe model of one with a TON of pockets. Been googling and looking around but all the expensive ones worry me because I don't wanna spend that much without knowing for sure that its a reliable product.

Thrift Stores are your friend my man. I got a bad ass looking black military style messenger bag that carries all my gear outside of my laptop and it only cost me 3 bucks.

Or bust out your sewing skills and make away http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Sporty-Beach-Bag or google search http://www.google.com/search?q=How-To+make+a+t-shirt+bag

Do you really need to carry all that stuff to school? :P

I can't really recommend any brands of bags to buy, they're all quite similar and it really comes down to what style of bag appeals to you, has adequate pockets etc versus the cost of the bag. I've always been happy with Targus bags, seem to have alot of padding and enough storage for me and they can be found quite cheap. Although I only carry stuff for uni, a laptop and accessories (external hard drive, network cable etc).

ShinmaRyuu mentioned he's a got a military style bag, this is something I would definately look into. I'm not sure of what stores are around where you live but Army Surplus places can sell you excellent bags at a low price. They always have heaps of pockets and padding and won't fall apart.

As far a home made solution you can always "mod" an existing bag. Learn how to sew or talk nicely to someone who can. This way you would get exactly what you want and you can make sure it will last.

BSoDtv.org had a cool segment on this a few eppys back

I believe that was episode 1 in the "Dressing Leet" segment?

I have this ... http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=310-6736

I can tote 2 14" laptops with extra batteries and power cables, 3 avg size text books and other stuff fine.

When I go on short trips, I can cram 2 days worth of clothes, laptop, hygiene utilities and what not, camera, and depending on my form of travel...usually my concealed carry with 2 extra mags.

Those bags get heavy fast. Ive had that bag for about a year and its constantly crammed with my stuff...its holding up well and I use it daily.

I have this ... http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=310-6736

I can tote 2 14" laptops with extra batteries and power cables, 3 avg size text books and other stuff fine.

When I go on short trips, I can cram 2 days worth of clothes, laptop, hygiene utilities and what not, camera, and depending on my form of travel...usually my concealed carry with 2 extra mags.

Those bags get heavy fast. Ive had that bag for about a year and its constantly crammed with my stuff...its holding up well and I use it daily.

This one looks pretty awesome and if its holding up well then ill probably pick up one of my own after i get paid again.

Also, @ Darren: Most people at my school don't take that much stuff, but I dont have a lot to do during some of my classes and the teachers don't really mind if I plug up a laptop to use it for a while.

As for the cell phone, its pretty much a must because the people im working for now tend to call a lot and I gotta have it to keep in touch with em, The Mp3 player, digital cam, and the DS are all just for entertainment though lol.