Poster Printing

Rocold

Where did you guys get your Hak.5 Posters printed out at? My brother's birthday is coming up and He was a hugh Zelda fan. I found the overworld map from the original NES Zelda and thought that I would get it printed out as a poster for him.

This is almost like the image I found but the one I have has all the swords and coins and whatnot.

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/games/zelda1/overworld.png

Pretty much any print shop will be able to do this for you. Ask for a sample section printed at the desired size, and on a selection of paper types and compare the results/costs from several stores. If your feeling brave you can play a few stores off of each other for a price reduction.

Fedex Kinkos plotted it. $0.75 / sq. ft. for black and white (our old poster) or $3 / sq. ft. for color (our new poster)...

It gets expensive doing full color that size but I think it was worth it for the set.

Cafepress will also do 'em, but not as big and for way too much money.

Just took a look at the image. Normally I'd freak out about it not being 300 DPI for your print size, but in this specific case I think the pixelation will actually add some retro flavor to it and it should look great at a distance.

The hak5 poster was done in photoshop at 3'x5' at 300dpi then saved as a PDF which the copy shops like. Vector is your friend when blowing up images like that.

I've always wanted to find some way to save the google maps satelite images for my city to one huge 3'x5' 300dpi image to have printed but that would require google api hacking that I unfortunately dont have time for :(

I've always wanted to find some way to save the google maps satelite images for my city to one huge 3'x5' 300dpi image to have printed but that would require google api hacking that I unfortunately dont have time for :(

I you use NASAs World Wind you can pull the images from the cache in DDS format. And using the Nvidia DDS photoshop plugin you can stitch them together to create a hires panorama.

I you use NASAs World Wind you can pull the images from the cache in DDS format. And using the Nvidia DDS photoshop plugin you can stitch them together to create a hires panorama.

oooooooooooooooooo :P that sounds like fun :P :D

I wouldn't mind helping out with something like this, only problem is i'm 6000 miles away. You could use something like panotools to slightly automate the process, but you'd still have to fix a few bits by hand to make it perfect. Biggest panorama i've done was made from 50 seperate images, loads of automation and about 2 weeks of photoshoping.

I wouldn't mind helping out with something like this, only problem is i'm 6000 miles away. You could use something like panotools to slightly automate the process, but you'd still have to fix a few bits by hand to make it perfect. Biggest panorama i've done was made from 50 seperate images, loads of automation and about 2 weeks of photoshoping.

i would love to like make a panoramic poster of the sky with all the planets in...would take ages tho!

im actually not too sure...im just getting in to CCD imageing n so on with telescopes because im helping doing all the IT work down at my local observitory wich is really cool :P n i get 2 design n set up networks n so on :D

and hopefully im going to get to take some pretty cool CCD images. ill post some here if they come out good

Sounds good, what cameras are you using? All my digital kit is kinda cheap (Nikon D70 is the best i have :-( ) and get noise issues with the CCD's at long exposures.

not too sure yet. the observitory has CCD equipment which i havent used yet.

dave the man im helping (did my school work experience with him :)) has a Canon EOS something which is cool :D

ive got a sony dsc-p73 4mp thing