Bypass company laptops's security to install Skype

kayut

On my company laptop, which is a MacBook Pro I have administration right and can install any software that I want.

The only software that is disallowed and cannot be installed is Skype.

I asked the IT support to allow me to install Skype on my laptop but couldn't convinced them.

Now I'm looking for a workaround to install Skype on my MacBook.

One way I can think of is installing a Virtual machine on my laptop and trying to install Skype on that Virtual machine. 

But I know that a Virtual machine takes too much of my laptops's RAM and this might slow down my machine.

Is there any other way to bypass the security mechanism on my laptop and install Skype on it?

Thanks

On 5/22/2021 at 12:34 PM, kayut said:

On my company laptop, which is a MacBook Pro I have administration right and can install any software that I want.

The only software that is disallowed and cannot be installed is Skype.

I asked the IT support to allow me to install Skype on my laptop but couldn't convinced them.

Now I'm looking for a workaround to install Skype on my MacBook.

One way I can think of is installing a Virtual machine on my laptop and trying to install Skype on that Virtual machine. 

But I know that a Virtual machine takes too much of my laptops's RAM and this might slow down my machine.

Is there any other way to bypass the security mechanism on my laptop and install Skype on it?

Thanks

I reckon they have a reason for the denial;  ask them for it and should they persist stick to the rules of your company

As Rkiver said; its not yours

• 3 weeks later...

Just use skype for web.

web.skype.com, on chrome. You can use skype as normal. It works well actually.

Another way is to potentially emulate Skype's windows binary (.exe) using Wine... Wine is a big software, so it's probably on your approved list of software.

Let me know if either of these two solutions work!

Archived