Jump to content

Weird Active Directory behaviour


Noob
 Share

Recommended Posts

Everything was working fine. We bought new print servers and migrated from old dell to new poweredge 860 servers. Everything worked perfectly. few days later we tried connecting the old server , and all the printers got mapped to the old server....

Before migrating , we tested the new servers and they were named as print-svra , print svr1a and so on . After migrating (we changed the name and everything) now i try to ping with the new name(the original name of print server) it shows request timed out, but when i ping with name assigned during testing dem then it works.

They are working alright now widout problem... but i have to use original name (print-svra instead of print-svr)

We created a new user in AD, and it is working but when I tried setting an email account, it shows me the infomation correctly but cannot use, error : name could not be resolved.

The network is acting weirdly ever since we moved to new servers and racks..... I tried dcdiag and other test on domain to chk for replication problems but it returned no errors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...