HOLY SHIT Osama Bin Laden, spotted in the Australian desert!

Deags

No, they dont have enough oil

Actually we have shitloads of oil. And Uranium, and nickel and gold and coal. Our is way out numbered by the americans but ( not wanting to start a flame war here) our soldiers are better trained.

thats great now th GOP will say that your making bombs of the Uranium, Liberals will say that your the biggest polluters, because you have oil and coal, and then the billionaires will go steal you gold and nickel to make themselves richer and the increased ship traffic will destroy your reefs, and you'll have the liberals on your ass for that too, you just screwed Australia in the Great Victorian Desert.

No, they dont have enough oil

Actually we have shitloads of oil. And Uranium, and nickel and gold and coal. Our is way out numbered by the americans but ( not wanting to start a flame war here) our soldiers are better trained.

umm yes we have tons of oil... guess where we get it all, and guess what we dont store?

A fair bit. The English, being a relatively immobile population, really don't like Other People (anyone who isn't from England) very much. So they tend to put them in one area and expect them to keep in that area. Which means that immigrants don't integrate, then we get riots and no one knows why. But being 2nd gen and only having my name as a give away (that I'm a dirty Baltic European out to steal the entire NHS in the back of an untaxed flatbed) I get to hear what people say when they think its all English people.

To a majority of people who posted stuff about the U.S. wanting Oil, or any natural resource, Invading Australia, and ect. Please for the Love of god get informed.

1. The U.S. is sitting on top of huge oil reserves.

2. A lot of Oil companies in Arab countries are run by or affiliated with American Oil companies.

3. A majority of Arab Oil Companies (not countries) love the fact we pay them shitloads of money for their Oil.

5. The War on Iraq isn't about Oil or resource its about prevention, flexing our muscles, and fixing mistakes made in the past.

6. We Love the Aussies.

I don't Particularly care for the U.S. Government, Politics, or Policies, but I hate ignorance even more.

A fair bit. The English, being a relatively immobile population, really don't like Other People (anyone who isn't from England) very much. So they tend to put them in one area and expect them to keep in that area. Which means that immigrants don't integrate, then we get riots and no one knows why. But being 2nd gen and only having my name as a give away (that I'm a dirty Baltic European out to steal the entire NHS in the back of an untaxed flatbed) I get to hear what people say when they think its all English people.

shush! ur not supposed to talk about this!

To a majority of people who posted stuff about the U.S. wanting Oil, or any natural resource, Invading Australia, and ect. Please for the Love of god get informed.

1. The U.S. is sitting on top of huge oil reserves.

2. A lot of Oil companies in Arab countries are run by or affiliated with American Oil companies.

3. A majority of Arab Oil Companies (not countries) love the fact we pay them shitloads of money for their Oil.

5. The War on Iraq isn't about Oil or resource its about prevention, flexing our muscles, and fixing mistakes made in the past.

6. We Love the Aussies.

I don't Particularly care for the U.S. Government, Politics, or Policies, but I hate ignorance even more.

ok i was being sarcastic, and since i was about the only one saying that, i would be the majority, and i was being sarcastic, enough said.

Yeah and the Germans just like 'breathing space'.

Seriously though the bit about flexing is quite true, the bit about fixing mistakes is arguably viable, but the bit about prevention... prevention of what? All we've done (yeah we're there too, don’t forget about us) is start a civil war and flair up religious tensions.

It wasn't great or particularly free (by western standards) when we got there but its a hell of allot worse now.

6. We Love the Aussies.

They are sweet.

A fair bit. The English, being a relatively immobile population, really don't like Other People (anyone who isn't from England)

Quite true, but a wouldn't call it racially motivated, more xenophobia.

Lets face it we hate everybody and the French and Americans also rate quite highly on the list. They are the same race as us..... Apparently

Please don't compare the U.S. to Germany its not even close to being similar, is asinine, and make you seem terribly uneducated.

The U.S. is trying, and I don't think too well, to prevent another U.S. Cole, Embasy, 9/11 from happening. After the Cole was attacked the U.S. did nothing and Militaristic/terroristic governmetns took note of it and saw it as weakness, which is why several attacks followed.

I know a kid who fought with hammas (spelling>?) before he came to the U.S., and said as much when I spoke with him last at our diolouge we hold on these issues.

The religious tensions have always been there, this is simply an opportunity for those who wish to capitalize on said tension and instigate a civil war. It was no wear near a free country, by any standards, western or otherwise. When Fear of Death and Imprisonment is what keeps peace and order, freedom is nowhere to be seen.

Of course Iraq is a mess now. Any Country after years of opression and tyranny is going to be seriously messed up after a major war was fought there and freedoms are implemented for the first time in years. Your talking about people who have never had freedom, who have never been able to choose, and who have always been told what to do, not to metion are of a totally diffrent moral and ethical background then the people (U.S. and allies) who are trying to help them deal with this new found freedom.

Not to mention the fact that U.S. Democracy's and capitalism is about as alien a concept to these newly freed people as Woman not having any rights is to us.

My last point will be that part of the problem is that we anticipated more of the infrastructure to remain intact. We wholly expected the Iraqi army, police, and politicians to remain in tact and anticipated them to take over much sooner. Instead the army and police forces all but disappeared into the general populous.....and why>? Because they were largely conscripted and didn't want to be there, once the fear was gone and they gained these freedoms they chose to leave. This has put the U.S. and its allies in a terrible position, and with more responsibilities then were anticipated. Ultimately extending the timetable far beyond the initially projected ones and Placing Iraq in a very unstable and dangerous state more akin to Vietnam in the 70's then anything else. With time the same downfalls can be prevented, however the U.S. population has very little patience and has a hard time understanding that the time table is now in decades and not years for our involvement.

ok, maybe your right. comparing the US to germany is wrong (thats nazi germany for any germans present) i dont know whare that came from.

*cough* lame excuses for unfounded aggression *cough*

Yeah iraq was harsh, but you can't invade a sovereign country because you don't like the governments policies.

Also it is a little hypocritical of the US to overthrow an unelected, agresive right-wing leader who has ordered the deaths of countless prisioners on charges against the state.

However if you are a US or other coalition citizen and feal this war is justified then you should be proud. we're winning.... or so we're told

I don't think its justified and i wont be perswaded otherwise.

9/11 that was 5 years ago, traced to terriorists and caused a war in afganistan. The only link i can see with Iraq is that Iraq never condemned the attacks. How many people have died now in afganistan and iraq on both sides? or is the life of a new york businessman worth more than that of a poor middle eastern muslim. or US soildier for that matter.