[RELEASE][BETA] WiFi Pineapple Mark 7 Firmware 1.1.0

Foxtrot

On 6/17/2021 at 9:52 AM, MStoneDK said:

Hi, 

I'm running beta 2, and have doing this the last couple of days. I keep getting this yellow warning triangle saying "Potential filters misconfiguration" Filters are set to allow list, but no entries are present. 

I have tried to reinstall the firmware and defining both filters to "deny list", but when i enter the filters section they are set to defaulted to "allow" again, which is not what i have set it to at initial configuration. When i change the filters to "deny" in both, i get the green check mark, and is writes back setting have changed. But when i reenter the filters section again it is again set back to "allow" mode. So no matter what I do, it is always set to "allow". I guess there is a small bug somewhere 🙂

Regards

This seems to be an issued introduced in Beta 2 that has now been fixed for the next release.

Thanks for the report!

Are .bin files available? I'd like to use one when performing a factory reset, thus clean install, while not yet being connected to the internet. Up until now I used the v1.0.2 bin.

5 hours ago, jholbrookftl said:

I just installed the beta 2, I receive an exit status 1 error when trying to install TCPDump. any ideas?

Hello

This isn't specific to the beta, but an issue with the module package. I just pushed a fix, everything should download fine now.

Thanks!

Hi all!

1.1.0 Beta 3 was just pushed to the beta update channel, you can grab the update as normal by going to Settings -> Check for Updates. The changes this time are relatively small, including a fix for the Filters issue reported here and in Discord (thank you!) as well as some other UX and stability improvements.

The updated change log is in the first post of the thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hak5 team!

I now have several devices from you and I am now enjoying the pineapple. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to establish an SSH / SFTP connection to the Annanas because the service is not running. I also ask whether it is intentional that the channel is not cloned with an AP clone.

And what exactly does it have for an influence on the open-AP if I change the language? Range of the transmission power?

And why are handshakes recorded in the Devil-AP if you already know the password?

Regards Mork

Has ssh ever worked for you or just on the beta firmware? It shouldn't be an issue at all. Have you made any active changes to the setup. By changing the "language", do you mean the regulatory domain/country code? Number of channels and tx power/EIRP in that case.

28 minutes ago, chrizree said:

Has ssh ever worked for you or just on the beta firmware? It shouldn't be an issue at all. Have you made any active changes to the setup. By changing the "language", do you mean the regulatory domain/country code? Number of channels and tx power/EIRP in that case.

Hi Chrizree!

1. SSH worked with 1.0.2 without any problems. Unfortunately not in the beta!

2. No no changes were made to the setup.

3. By language I mean under PineAP Suite -> Access Points -> Open Access Point -> [Current Country]

4. Until now I always thought that the Evil WPA Access Point had to run on the same channel as the victim AP !?

Since there are different guidelines for the transmission power (TX) of WiFi modules in European countries, I wonder whether I am setting them with the country option !?

Oh and could you show in the updates which rev. number has the update? So I can see if I have the current repository! 🙂

Greetings Mork

• Foxtrot unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic

Archived