Where To Start to Learn Hacking

CyberAnirudh

Hello, Please Tell Me How I Can Learn Hacking Because I Have Seen Lots Of Videos And Read

Blogs Some Say Start From Any Programming Language Some Say Start From Kali Or Any Specific OS

But I'm Confused What Should I Learn Or Where. To Start Learning From Beginner To Pro.

Please, Guide Me.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:24 AM, CyberAnirudh said:

Hello, Please Tell Me How I Can Learn Hacking Because I Have Seen Lots Of Videos And Read

Blogs Some Say Start From Any Programming Language Some Say Start From Kali Or Any Specific OS

But I'm Confused What Should I Learn Or Where. To Start Learning From Beginner To Pro.

Please, Guide Me.

This is a very often asked and at the same time difficult question. To answer it, one would have to know what kind of experience you already have with computers and where exactly your interests lie.

Tell us a little bit more about yourself and what interests you.
Maybe we can then give you a topic as a first approach.

15 hours ago, CyberAnirudh said:

First, I Don't Have Much Experience About Linux, I Only Use Windows Right Now.

Second, I'm Interested in Offensive Security.

Then start using Linux. Get a Kali-VM and start reading some docs.

Here is a awesome post with alot of infos:

• 3 months later...

I honestly think the best way to start learning Hacking is to learn N+ and maybe S+ first. Depending on your knowledge level you might even need to start at A+. You may get to know hacking without it but without a good working knowledge of those topics (how networks work, or how security protocols are setup) you will live life being a script kiddie. Basically copy and paste or using someone else's work. Even learning how to use Kali or Parrot. Do you just want to push a button and the machine does the work or do you want to understand what that machine is doing in the background.  

CyberAnirudh

I dont know how your mind works, but i know how my mind works. And i see here amongst the other responses, that neither of them would have worked for me. So just to give you an alternative to the "Read this" or "Google this" advices, i say this:

Not everyone is a good reader. I can read texts, but i learn much quicker by watching lectures and educational videos. I am by no means a skilled hacker, in fact im barely a script kiddie, but i have learned the basics of linux, network fundamentals and more by watching youtube videos.

Before all you experienced hackers begin to flame me, remember, its doesnt matter how you get there, only that you get there. Everyone has strength and weaknesses, true wisdom is to understand your own strength and weaknesses and plot your own course to the goal.

Anyway, my method was to search youtube for hacking videos. I was very skeptical, didnt believe videos that seemed to be to good to be true, but videos that was more realistic. That might seems obvious to most, but not nessecarily obvoius to a complete beginner.

But thats just the start. The next step is the golden one: When you find a youtube video that seems to be a serious hacking tutorial, go to the channel of the creator. Then in the channels menu, click "channels". There you will see what other youtube channels this creator is subscribed to. And heres the thing: If the creator knows hacking, he/she also knows other people that knows hacking and have subscribed to them. So you do the same thing and subscribe to the people they have subscribed to.

And here is the step that is the golden second: Dont just stop with one level. Go to the people that the creater has subscribed to, one by one, and check wich people they have subscribed to. And subscribe to them also! And maybe do it again, a third level, fourth level and so on.

When you have done this, make it a routine to check your subscriptions reguarly (dont trust notifications). I always go directly to my youtube accounts subscription page so i dont miss anything new. However, dont be surprised if you find videos that are unrelated to hacking in the beginning, after all, you blindly followed people. Just because someone is a hacker doesnt mean that they cant also subscribe to the "Cute cats and dogs" channel 🙂 But better to get some unrelated channels that you can unsubscribe later, then missing a brilliant hacker channel.

And now you just focus on consuming knowledge. Watch videos, let it  take the time it needs. Becoming a hacker is not a goal with a defined end point, there is no hacker in the entire world that knows "everything". Dont stress the process, just enjoy learning. It may take a year, or several years, before you feel ready to practice hacking. But it doesnt matter, its not a race. Just accept that this will take time, and you will never ever be fully learned.

Archived