Cannot setup

Hi all.

Im having trouble setting up.

It won't complete the setup stages, keeps hanging and dropping wifi. I've followed all the tips online, I've done a factory image reset, then installed the latest firmware image tried many different usb power adapters, also using a 2.4amp power supply, so it's not a low power issue. Tried setting up without WiFi and a direct network connection but still issues. It wil not complete setup stages, it ask for magement ssid etc, and i input al of this but then hangs. Tried resetting many times

Exactly what part of the setup are you having problems with and does the Mk7 "hang" during any specific setup steps? Since you mention management SSID you at least seem to get to the Networking Setup part, but do you get any further or is it where it all hangs?

General Setup
Networking Setup
Filters Setup
Look and Feel
Terms of Service & License Agreement
(Setup Complete)

I install the firmware, then it load to the setup page, i enter all the info and most of the time it errors setup failed. i keep restarting and trying again and i did get it to accept. then once rebooted i can see the management ssid i created, but when i connect to that i cannot see the pineapple login screen

3 hours ago, robbo1979 said:

must add ive tired the setup linked to wifi on my pc, and also on my mobile. same issue

Hi, 

Have you tried plugging this into your computer via USB and completing the setup that way without connecting via WiFi? 

Not sure if you've tried this or not so apologies if you have

When you had it set up and working, did you change to active in the PineAP section? 

I had a bit of an issue when sometimes i set this to active i couldn't connect to the SSID's but plugging USB cable in it worked perfectly.

1 hour ago, chrizree said:

Activating (or de-activating) PineAP shouldn't affect the management SSID/AP

On mine it does, if i connect through wifi then putting PineAP in passive mode its absolutely fine, when i set it into active mode, it doesnt connect through wifi anymore. It doesn't really bother me though because i use a wired connection with it most of the time and never have an issue with it that way. 

To be fair though, since i've used the 5Ghz wifi adapter, it hadn't done it so its maybe something in one of my config files where its trying to use same radio when i switch it to active.