Wifi Pineapple MK7 can't verify device

Alexandermss

Has Hak5 fixed all the MK7 install issues yet? 

It is ridiculous that the product ships from China with a non-functioning operating system. Upon opening the package, the consumer is immediately tasked with installing glitchy firmware, pressing crappy plastic buttons and downloading update files, in hopes of getting the brick operational.

I never got the brick operational after reading all the documentation and spending 15 hours of time over the course of a couple weeks attempting every type of install.

Ridiculous and infuriating.

I understand the need for upgrades but to ship the product without properly functioning software is unacceptable.

• 4 months later...

Problem: "can't verify device" on screen where you either quick press button or hold for 4 seconds

Hey I just had this problem too after updating my Pineapple VII from 1.0 to 1.1.1.
While connected to my WiFi AP "Pineapple_XXXX", I turned off Auto-Join on my primary WiFi AP. Then I held the button for 4 seconds and was able to verify device.

On Mac to turn of Auto-Join go to System Preferences >> Network >> WiFi >> Advanced >> selected primary AP (not Pineapple), uncheck Auto-Join.
Now when you hold the button for 4 seconds it should allow you to click the verify button. Don't forget to turn Auto-join on again for primary AP.

Not sure if this a problem on Windows too but it has a similar "Connect Automatically" setting on AP's.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Faced same issue, tried more than 5 hours but didn't work. wifi connection lost every time when I press the button.

Then I've tried with the usb-c connection instead of wireless.. Use static address for wifi pineapple 

https://docs.hak5.org/wifi-pineapple/setup/connecting-to-the-wifi-pineapple-on-linux

Then, you can press the verify button

Worked for me.

FYI

• 2 weeks later...

To solve this problem just use a higher Watt prowersupply.

The reason that the light goes out is due to lake of power.

i used an iPhone USB-C adapter that got the error.

Then i used a Nintendo Switch adapter and worked as the manual says.

Archived