Jump to content

Wifi Pineapple MK7 can't verify device


Recommended Posts

You need to supply more information to get some help/advise. What are you trying to verify? How are you connected to the Mk7? What steps are you doing and where do you get stuck? Have you read any documentation about the setup process on the Hak5 docs web site? Can you refer to any step described in that documentation or the videos that are published?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It is now 10 days later and this Pineapple Mark VII remains a brick. It was shipped as a brick with no working firmware and because it is a brick no upgrading firmware is possible. Customer support is just a gaslighting circle jerk.

The setup process terminates at the "VERIFY YOUR DEVICE" page and the Pineapple WiFi network disappears at that point.

I am sending this brick back. I expect a full refund.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Deez Nuts said:

It is now 10 days later and this Pineapple Mark VII remains a brick. It was shipped as a brick with no working firmware and because it is a brick no upgrading firmware is possible. Customer support is just a gaslighting circle jerk.

The setup process terminates at the "VERIFY YOUR DEVICE" page and the Pineapple WiFi network disappears at that point.

I am sending this brick back. I expect a full refund.

Hi mate

I had a similar issue but I found that my pineapple was disconnecting and connecting back to my main network which had an established internet connection. The way I got around it was forget all my other networks and try the pineapple setup again which worked. Hope that helps. 

 

cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have tried everything. I have tried every different setup process as per the documentation and I simply cannot get past the VERIFY YOUR DEVICE" page.

Darren and the rest of the customer service crew send me gaslighting emails with links to the documentation.

It is refund time. Sending the brick back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, spudgunman said:

same issue I just got this and it dont work at all what hack is this?

Maybe you are not powering it right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

via a raspberry pi brick at 3+ amp?

I also plug it into my usb C and it seems to boot up wifi shows up?

I mean.. unless this is part of some hacking social exercise?

 

I tried zinc and copper plates but this isn't a REAL pineapple 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure that will do much? the device is just stuck on the activation steps will this get past that. I got this thing to see if it was worth using professionally and I have given up, I should have read the documentation on this and these forms before grabbing one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Deez Nuts said:

Pineapple MK7 === brick;

return (datshit);

Please keep the forum threads on topic and constructive, thanks.

22 hours ago, spudgunman said:

not sure that will do much? the device is just stuck on the activation steps will this get past that. I got this thing to see if it was worth using professionally and I have given up, I should have read the documentation on this and these forms before grabbing one.

This seems like you're doing either one of two things:

1) Simply not pressing the button in deep enough. Make sure to press it firmly, past the audible click.

2) You're attempting to setup over WiFi but you're no longer connected to it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here:

  1. Plug in device
  2. Wait while led stops blinking and turns stable
  3. Connect to pineapple AP
  4. Open http://172.16.42.1:1471
  5. Select "Verify you Device"
  6. Hold button for a short period - nothing happens
  7. Hold for longer period (5 seconds)
  8. Led turns off, phone loses AP connection
  9. Led turns on - without flickering
  10. Phone doesn't detect AP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, vasjaj said:

Same here:

  1. Plug in device
  2. Wait while led stops blinking and turns stable
  3. Connect to pineapple AP
  4. Open http://172.16.42.1:1471
  5. Select "Verify you Device"
  6. Hold button for a short period - nothing happens
  7. Hold for longer period (5 seconds)
  8. Led turns off, phone loses AP connection
  9. Led turns on - without flickering
  10. Phone doesn't detect AP

Let me know if I can provide any debug info (postal-service-refund-hustle is the last thing I want to do).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 10:18 AM, Foxtrot said:

Please keep the forum threads on topic and constructive, thanks.

This seems like you're doing either one of two things:

1) Simply not pressing the button in deep enough. Make sure to press it firmly, past the audible click.

2) You're attempting to setup over WiFi but you're no longer connected to it. 

From above..👆 I feeling more and more that I need to buy a new pineapple. But I'm waiting for the bloody adaptor to come out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are steps 6 and 7 done in the same try/sequence? Pressing it short in step 6 will disable radios, that's why the wireless connection is lost. If you do step 7 and press it for a longer period of time doesn't matter since WiFi is disabled in step 6. You need to skip step 6 if you intend to use WiFi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Managed to fix my problem:

1. sudo unmount /dev/sdc
2. sudo mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sdc
3. curl https://storage.googleapis.com/hak5-dl.appspot.com/wifipineapplemk7/firmwares/1.0.2-stable/upgrade-1.0.2.bin >> /(usb stick path)/upgrade-1.0.2.bin
4. sha256sum upgrade-1.0.2.bin - 1e894cde25272875f08b45041ff3057adf526306a9f1e48929acfbdec7085ccc
5. Create config.txt with unchanged config from https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360053346334-Setup-Basics
6. Insert usb stick into device
7. Connect device to Mac usb-c port
8. Led blinking
9. Led stable
10. Connect to wifi AP
11. 172.16.42.1:1471
12. “Being setup”
13. “Awaiting verification”
14. Press 1 second - nothing happens
15. Press for longer period (about 4 seconds)
16. Everything works


p.s. there is no Latvia in country selection 🙂

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chrizree said:

Are steps 6 and 7 done in the same try/sequence? Pressing it short in step 6 will disable radios, that's why the wireless connection is lost. If you do step 7 and press it for a longer period of time doesn't matter since WiFi is disabled in step 6. You need to skip step 6 if you intend to use WiFi.

That's probably was my case, but still - short click didn't work. Anyway, thank you for your answer, everything works fine.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, vasjaj said:

p.s. there is no Latvia in country selection 🙂

@Foxtrot

Maybe you could add to list's please.

12 minutes ago, vasjaj said:

Anyway, thank you for your answer, everything works fine.

Yes. ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...