OMG keylogger cable

jholbrookftl

I finally got around to loading up my OMG keylogger cable with the programmer. once i go in and set the SSID and password and connect to the cable i get the exact same interface as what i get with my non-keylogger OMG cable. I have been very careful to not get the two cables mixed up and am confident that i am using the correct cable. is there a link to the firmware for the keylogger cable? i would like to flash it with the latest firmware to make sure all is on the up and up.

😄

For those who stumble on this thread: 

all the O.MG stuff has a single url that points you at the specific setup info for any given product: https://o.mg.lol/setup

While the keylogger is under pre-release development, we are keeping everything isolated into the pre-release channels. 

Those little orange clips in the envelopes help visually tag your cables, as it sounds like you found out. We are about to release a unified firmware that works on all cable models so you don’t have to keep track of which is which. The firmware will just know! Then those little orange clips will just let you identify an evil cable from a normal one 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

https://shop.hak5.org/products/o-mg-cable-usb-a

should answer this with: 

The Keylogger Edition retains full features of the standard O.MG Cable and adds a Keylogger capable of storing up to 650,000 keystrokes. The Keylogger Edition was specifically built to be used against keyboards with detachable cables. Please see the developer page for information about the status of firmware features, supported keyboards, and more.”

I have spent hours combing through all of the information I could find on the OMG cable.  I purchased the usb c to usb a cable with keylogger functionality.   I was able to install the drivers, then I installed python, pyserial and then was able to install and successfully flash my OMG cable. I then detached the programmer and plugged in my OMG cable to my computer (usb-a side).   I next was able to open the web interface.   However, when I click on the “start logging” button, nothing appears in the keylogger box when I type on my computer.   So I plugged my Android phone into the usb-c side of the OMG cable (with the usb - a) side still in the computer and still nothing.   I tried plugging just the usb-c side into my phone only and even though I open the Lock Screen and start typing…still nothing.

Am, I missing something?   Is this what it is supposed to do and I simply misunderstood what the cable Can do?  Am I using the wrong end?   I am so confused right now.   I would be extremely grateful help to anyone who could spare a few minutes to clarify this for me.

Thanks, in advance.

Well, it is the description on that page that has me so confused.   It says it comes with key logging ability…however, it appears as if I am supposed to have the cable between the keyboard and computer.   How is that even possible if one end is a USB- and the other end is a USB-A?   It also says I can use the active end and plug directly into a device (the usb-c end into my Android device), but that doesn’t work with the keylogger either.   I am confused as to why application to use the cable with??

5 hours ago, Juanderful said:

Well, it is the description on that page that has me so confused.   It says it comes with key logging ability…however, it appears as if I am supposed to have the cable between the keyboard and computer.   How is that even possible if one end is a USB- and the other end is a USB-A?   It also says I can use the active end and plug directly into a device (the usb-c end into my Android device), but that doesn’t work with the keylogger either.   I am confused as to why application to use the cable with??

Why did you get usb a to usb c . Should of gotten c to c . It seems that everything is moving towards usb c. 

My original thought was that the usb-a to usb-c would Allow me the best opportunity to bypass my lock code on my Android phone, by launching the keylogger/script from my laptop.   I didn’t realize at that time that it wouldn’t really work as a keylogger that way nor would it do payload injection.   I actually am trying to understand what situation would it be beneficial in?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, Juanderful said:

what situation would it be beneficial in?

The keylogger was designed to be placed between a keyboard and the device the keyboard is connected to. And that's what all the product text, instructions, example pictures, and demo videos show. Think of it kind of like the Key Croc, except without leaving a visible adapter in the connection path. The keylogger version of the OMG Cable has been quite a bit more popular than the nonkeylogger version. So, you'll probably find other customers who are willing to share some of their use-cases in the chat channels. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, Juanderful said:

I have spent hours combing through all of the information I could find on the OMG cable.  I purchased the usb c to usb a cable with keylogger functionality.   I was able to install the drivers, then I installed python, pyserial and then was able to install and successfully flash my OMG cable. I then detached the programmer and plugged in my OMG cable to my computer (usb-a side).   I next was able to open the web interface.   However, when I click on the “start logging” button, nothing appears in the keylogger box when I type on my computer.   So I plugged my Android phone into the usb-c side of the OMG cable (with the usb - a) side still in the computer and still nothing.   I tried plugging just the usb-c side into my phone only and even though I open the Lock Screen and start typing…still nothing.

Am, I missing something?   Is this what it is supposed to do and I simply misunderstood what the cable Can do?  Am I using the wrong end?   I am so confused right now.   I would be extremely grateful help to anyone who could spare a few minutes to clarify this for me.

Thanks, in advance.

I am also having this same problem although i have a usb a to lightning cable. I noticed the AP icon in the top left corner does not appear for me however the wifi network is created and i can connect to it, but when i click the start logging button and type on my iphone nothing appears.. i’ve been attempting to get this working for over a day now. cannot find any info about this online other than this post. i spend about 200$ on the cable and the programmer so i would really like this to work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, _MG_ said:

https://shop.hak5.org/products/o-mg-cable-usb-a

should answer this with: 

The Keylogger Edition retains full features of the standard O.MG Cable and adds a Keylogger capable of storing up to 650,000 keystrokes. The Keylogger Edition was specifically built to be used against keyboards with detachable cables. Please see the developer page for information about the status of firmware features, supported keyboards, and more.”

Anyone know a list of keyboard languages and possibly a setup guide to change the language in the ui? haven't gotten the keylogger to work since i got the cable or the adapter.any help would be appreciated.