Thinking about buying a new...

jht129

Well, one thing I can say, if you've got the money, buy an IBM, the T60 is a great deal.

Dell are good laptops... anyway everbody's experience... if you wish to wait till you get enough money, then get an IBM... there is nothing like IBM hardware...

anyway that was my 2cts

I'm rather leary of any laptop under USD1k --

I'd look into getting a used high end laptop. The inexpensive new ones often use propriatory chip sets, shared vram, and no case hardening what so ever. This is pretty much so true of any company that sells them, and the bigger companies tend to hide why it's cheap model in their ads. Great it's $500. Then you get it and the video is slower than mollases. The LCD has uneven back lighting and a tiny viewing angle. The case has no re-enformcement and hence breaks easily. You can't install any OS other than the one that came with it.

Either wait till you can get a higher end laptop, or buy a used one off someone with money to burn that buys a new one every year. Government actions are good source of these, though they often remove the hard-drive, so take note of that.

Well, one thing I can say, if you've got the money, buy an IBM, the T60 is a great deal.

Dell are good laptops... anyway everbody's experience... if you wish to wait till you get enough money, then get an IBM... there is nothing like IBM hardware...

anyway that was my 2cts

I have to afrre...my thinkpad is solid as

anyway that was my 2cts

I have to afrre...my thinkpad is solid as

I also have to agree, I'm really happy with my T60, love everything about it =)