MARK VII is Highly Disapointing Beta Device - Pretty Useless - No Packet Injection, No Modules, No Support, - Should Not be Released in Test Phase

ventures2021

13 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Hi everyone, it is actually disappointing not having modules as advertised before getting my pineapple.

I'm not sure what advertising you are referring to? Modules have always been community developed. As outlined on the forums previously - the Mark 7 launching with modules is the first time it has happened - we selected popular modules on the previous generation to initially bring over to the new UI.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:35 PM, Foxtrot said:

I'm not sure what advertising you are referring to? Modules have always been community developed. As outlined on the forums previously - the Mark 7 launching with modules is the first time it has happened - we selected popular modules on the previous generation to initially bring over to the new UI.

Greetings!

With all respect, can you please give us more information about that "list of popular modules"?

2 hours ago, Zaagr said:

Greetings!

With all respect, can you please give us more information about that "list of popular modules"?

Sure. When we were building the Mark 7, we wanted to launch with a series of modules, so we picked from the most downloaded modules for the previous generation. With the exception of SSLSplit, the functionality of those modules were either included in the new user interface, or created as new modules. This includes DWall (now HTTPeek), EvilPortal, Deauth (now MDK4), nmap, tcpdump, Occupineapple (now MDK4), and Cabinet.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Hak5 gear but some of it has an unfinished feel to it.  For example

Pineapple (ver 1.0.2)

- Recon scan results can not be filtered.  I want to filter on signal strength and it reverts back to the original listing.

- After the scan is complete, the results seem to jump around as I scroll down through them.

- The preview for the Evil portals does not seem to update correctly, especially if you are making several changes (HTML / CSS) or changing between portals (deactivate one and activating another).

- Sometimes when I navigate off of the Evil portal interface and back I will get an error that there are no portals,  I hit refresh a few times and it eventually comes back.

- Before I shutdown the pineapple, Under the Evil portal interface, I'll stop the web server and hit the other stop button.  Sometimes when I power back up they are running again.

- Sometimes I can't connect to the internet even tho I was connected to it before?  i.e. home wifi, skyroam hotspot and Iphone hotspot sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

- Sometimes when I scan for networks (for internet access) like my home wifi nothing shows up except   ()  in the selection drop down. I'll hit refresh several times and eventually I'll see the local networks and be able to select one.

- I'll make a setting change, hit save, navigate off the screen then back and the change was not saved.

These are just a few of my observations,  for the most part I can get the pineapple to do what I want.  It just seems buggy at times.  I have not updated to the latest firmware yet but I do plan to soon. 

In any event I do very much appreciate all of the hard work Hak5 has done to bring all of these products to market.  Thank you.

Why is SSLSTRIP EXEMPTED please? that is like the most famous module of the WiFi pineapple in recent times.

Hak5 has a great community but when people start asking question and making suggestions, it is only right to provide a proper and more convincing resolutions. Like the numerous inquiry on sslstrip which was exempted form the MK7. Till date questions keep pouring in because of the exemption, why don’t hak5 have a rethink and add this to the Mk7 modules and other few to it’s list of modules.

That's actually one of the issues in my opinion. The community has not been very progressive and successful since these things are supposed to be community driven. Now Hak5 resources are doing the work as I understand it and that's not a sign of a progressive and successful community. A very few users has really done anything, most just sit and want to be spoon fed.

14 hours ago, chrizree said:

That's actually one of the issues in my opinion. The community has not been very progressive and successful since these things are supposed to be community driven. Now Hak5 resources are doing the work as I understand it and that's not a sign of a progressive and successful community. A very few users has really done anything, most just sit and want to be spoon fed.

I think this really depends on the skill set of the "community".  I'm new to all of this and trying to learn in my spare time. I work full time and go to school part time so my schedule is packed.  It would be a very long time before I could code / create / build something for the community.  To be honest the only thing I could contribute today would be some evil portals i created from existing EP's.  There not perfect by any means and I think people would just think they are junk.  Has Hak5 become too popular?  Does it have a deeper reach to a broader audience?  I stumbled onto Hak5 watching videos on Linux / Kali.  I then watched Mr. Robot (referenced on the Hak5 site) and got even more interested (I'm aware of Hollywood hype).  I use Kali for most of my work but see Hak5 gear as a set of tools I can explore with.  Also, Darren does a good job of selling it. He makes the MK7 sound like it can do anything. This is my first Pineapple so I don't have anything to compare it to but I guess others were expecting it to have everything the last version had plus more.  Anyway just my 2 cents.          

I would say with a gadget like the MK7 you will not addressing  the real geeks. So you can’t expect specific services finally. The most I know which interesting are beginners which smells the cyber stuff opportunities. Sure. Not all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, chrizree said:

That's actually one of the issues in my opinion. The community has not been very progressive and successful since these things are supposed to be community driven. Now Hak5 resources are doing the work as I understand it and that's not a sign of a progressive and successful community. ...

Unfortunately, I have to agree. When designing the Mark 7, we spent a lot of time making the module creation process as close as possible to the previous, if not slightly easier, while also adding new capabilities to the product. But it seems that the age of community written modules is over (?).

As I've said in the Discord, I'm working on writing requested modules that community members have asked for, but it saddens me to see that a majority of users simply ask for "more modules", but most don't have an idea of what they would actually like to see.

I believe the original topic of this thread has run it's course, so I'll be locking it. You can find more discussion in the other forum threads, or feel free to create one if you feel.

Archived