Open ssid does work. I received my mark 7 yesterday and when I try to connect a device the open ssid is less than 1mbs. Help please

cyberstacker

You have to describe your setup and environment more in detail to be able to help. In what way do you get those speed values? How do you measure? What client OS are you using when measuring the speed? Have you tried different clients or just the one that gives you slow speeds? Any conflicting wireless networks nearby on the same (or adjacent) channels? What client equipment do you use in hardware terms when it comes to WiFi NICs? Chipset? Manufacturer?

Thanks for responding.

My router is a infinity through comcast. I use a raspberry pie (kali) and note 8 operating on Android 9. I have used serveral different websites to get the speed. They all are about the same speed.  I have even set up a tether hotspot (provider at&t 4g) test different devices on, still same speed. Last night I tested and was averaging 3 mps. I tested it 8 times.

My xfinity is on channel 1. My Mark 7 channel 10. I have 2 neighbors. They both are on channel 6. I did change channels several times but speed test showed about the same. My Mark 7 is at latest version.

My ip and password are... Just joking around LoL

Hopefully you can help me. 

Thanks 

I will try that when I get back from work. I did notice in a forum I read that some other people had the same problem but the thread  finally stopped I believe around November. I assume they found a fix. 

I see you on the forums a lot. Are you part of hak5?

I just got to thinking. I have my mark 7 wireless connected to the main router. Does the wifi have to be connect straight into the main router. I would assume it does not. I have been reading where one guy is saying something about wlan2 is the problem. 

Do you a personal email where I can send you screenshots of iwconfig and ifconfig. I am more than conferable sending you whatever you need. I have seen how much you help people on here. You can even remote in, I don't care. I just want it working lol thanks

OK, so based on those screenshots you don't have any problems getting decent speeds from your PC to your Pineapple, in other words... the open AP isn't really slow (as I assume that's how you were connected to the Pineapple when taking those screenshots). If you want to use iperf3 you need to start it as you specified on the Pineapple, but you have to run the client from another device (PC) that is connected to the Pineapple's open AP and use: iperf3 -c 172.16.42.1

What speeds does iwconfig show for wlan2 when you run iwconfig on the Pineapple itself?

And, don't run the Pineapple (or any wireless device) without the intended antennas. It might fry your stuff into eternity...

Ok I see wlan2 looks good but why can I watch a youtube video. Why do I get a message when connecting to the open ssid that say do I want to switch to data because internet may not be available? This is confusing lol.

My wife connect to it other day and said what is wrong with internet. It literally feels like it is getting what the speed check says.

pineapple wlan2.png

When I say speed check I mean the one through my browser. I tried different browsers but didn't help so is it safe to assume it is not the mark 7? Yelp I believe I need a expert. BTW that is you lol

well, I wouldn't categorize myself as an expert in any way, I just have some basic knowledge... If I was in your situation, I would try to eliminate possible problem scenarios one by one, now you have stepped through the way coming in from the Pineapple and "out" from it and nothing is alarmingly bad there as I can see it. You should get ok speeds. What kind of internet connection do you have and what speed should it offer from the ISP? Mobile, xDSL, fiber...? Is the Pineapple connected to your network directly via an access point or are there any intermediate equipment between your Pineapple and the network/internet? If you could draw some simple diagram that show your network topology, it might be easier to see how you have set it all up. For example: Client device (PC) >> Open AP of Pineapple >> Pineapple wlan2 interface >> network AP >> network router/gw >> firewall >> internet... (AP, router/gw and firewall most likely the same unit if on a SOHO network)

Archived