Jump to content

Unreliability of SharkJack connections


UK-user
 Share

Recommended Posts

Like skibo187's post "PC unable to connect" (https://forums.hak5.org/topic/50725-pc-unable-to-connect/), I too am experiencing repeated failures to connect to my SharkJack, either via Windows10 or Linux.

 

When using Windows 10 I can ping the address 172.16.24.1 and see it the device listed in ipconfig, but when I try to connect via PUTTY, I get "PUTTY Fatal Error: Network error: Connection refused"

 

When trying to connect via SSH on Linux it refuses to accept the password

 

I am running the latest firmware and managed to connect after upgrading, but connections are rare, it mostly fails to connect. I've waited over 3 minutes to ensure its booted up and it still refuses to connect. I'm becoming increasingly exasperated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, UK-user said:

Like skibo187's post "PC unable to connect" (https://forums.hak5.org/topic/50725-pc-unable-to-connect/), I too am experiencing repeated failures to connect to my SharkJack, either via Windows10 or Linux.

 

When using Windows 10 I can ping the address 172.16.24.1 and see it the device listed in ipconfig, but when I try to connect via PUTTY, I get "PUTTY Fatal Error: Network error: Connection refused"

 

When trying to connect via SSH on Linux it refuses to accept the password

 

I am running the latest firmware and managed to connect after upgrading, but connections are rare, it mostly fails to connect. I've waited over 3 minutes to ensure its booted up and it still refuses to connect. I'm becoming increasingly exasperated

We are gonna need a little more information about:

- How you have it connected to the machine?

- Are you able to connect to the WebUI at all when in Arming mode while connected?

- Have you factory reset the device and still have the same issues?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have connected it physically to the Windows10 machine and virtually to an OpenSuse VM in virtalbox. The latter is slightly more reliable, but only just ...

 

What WebUI? Thats news to me ...

 

I haven't done a factory reset, that seemed a bit drastic before I had checked the fora

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UK-user said:

I have connected it physically to the Windows10 machine and virtually to an OpenSuse VM in virtalbox. The latter is slightly more reliable, but only just ...

 

What WebUI? Thats news to me ...

 

I haven't done a factory reset, that seemed a bit drastic before I had checked the fora

Use the PowerShell Script and tell me if it even detects it in Arming Mode and what options don't work (besides SharkLib options - it's obsolete since the patch).

https://forums.hak5.org/topic/51075-tool-sharkjackps1-powershell-version-of-sharkjacksh/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And the WebUI is the IP of the SharkJack (1.1.0+ Firmware) in your browser once the device is in Arming Mode and detected by the machine.

Aka. http://172.16.24.1/

Edited by REDD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be able to "Connect to SSH" and "Connect to WebUI" if your SharkJack is updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've still got the same issues. It pings to 172.16.24.1, but the sharkjack.ps1 cant connect via ssh or web - manual attempts in windows 10 also fail

 

I had initally managed to get a connection via SSH on my OpenSuse VM, but it just hung and now refuses conections

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, UK-user said:

I've still got the same issues. It pings to 172.16.24.1, but the sharkjack.ps1 cant connect via ssh or web - manual attempts in windows 10 also fail

 

I had initally managed to get a connection via SSH on my OpenSuse VM, but it just hung and now refuses conections

Very interesting, I can insert both straight into the Ethernet Port or via USB Adapter and get responses from both.. I just reinstalled the firmware on the spare SharkJack I have and no issues. I think this issue is due to your setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...