Someone traced me, and got access to my files from my IP address

kaibe

Someone I know and doesn't like me, got my IP address, and traced my exact location . After that he said in details things about what I do on my PC. He saw my files and/or my uploads, I'm not sure. but he did now about a software I had installed. How is that possible? He said something about "master key script" but I didn't found anything about it

• 1 month later...

The individual in question probably has remote access to your computer. There are many folks you could contact about finding out how, and gathering evidence. I would suggest your local FBI office, as they are in charge of cyber crimes. That said, shut down your computer/laptop etc. and find a another PC to find the FBI's cyber terrorism or cyber crimes department. Make a report.

If that's to much for you or you don't want to deal with that, then skip that and go straight to step 2: Try disabling your WiFi/Ethernet connection, and start backing up your stuff. You'll want to reinstall your operating system. I know that's a pain, but it's better than not knowing what this person is up to.

If you're not online, then he can't watch you, and interfere with your backup. If you are online, then he can make your life a living <you know what>! If he thinks you're going to shut him out, there's no telling what he'll do. He could delete your backup, or even your originals. Check out AOMEI Backupper. They have a tool to make a backup USB disk that you can use to backup your stuff. There is both a professional version, and a free version. Either use that to make an offline backup onto a USB Hard Drive, or just start dragging files on to the drive directly. Use a different PC to make the drive, or download the program elsewhere, and install on your machine while it is offline. After the backup, shred/wipe all data from your boot drive, and reinstall a fresh copy of windows. You can download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to make either a Bootable DVD, or a bootable USB drive. Again, use an uncompromised PC, and don't insert it into your machine with Windows running and te WiFi turned on.

Apologies for scaring you, but I want to drive my point home: If someone else has control of your computer, then can you truly say it's your computer?

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2021 at 10:21 PM, Aaron Outhier said:

The individual in question probably has remote access to your computer. There are many folks you could contact about finding out how, and gathering evidence. I would suggest your local FBI office, as they are in charge of cyber crimes. That said, shut down your computer/laptop etc. and find a another PC to find the FBI's cyber terrorism or cyber crimes department. Make a report.

If that's to much for you or you don't want to deal with that, then skip that and go straight to step 2: Try disabling your WiFi/Ethernet connection, and start backing up your stuff. You'll want to reinstall your operating system. I know that's a pain, but it's better than not knowing what this person is up to.

If you're not online, then he can't watch you, and interfere with your backup. If you are online, then he can make your life a living <you know what>! If he thinks you're going to shut him out, there's no telling what he'll do. He could delete your backup, or even your originals. Check out AOMEI Backupper. They have a tool to make a backup USB disk that you can use to backup your stuff. There is both a professional version, and a free version. Either use that to make an offline backup onto a USB Hard Drive, or just start dragging files on to the drive directly. Use a different PC to make the drive, or download the program elsewhere, and install on your machine while it is offline. After the backup, shred/wipe all data from your boot drive, and reinstall a fresh copy of windows. You can download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to make either a Bootable DVD, or a bootable USB drive. Again, use an uncompromised PC, and don't insert it into your machine with Windows running and te WiFi turned on.

Apologies for scaring you, but I want to drive my point home: If someone else has control of your computer, then can you truly say it's your computer?

I know exactly how this feels…I have been dealing with it for 11 months and 4 security cameras…2 routers…55 inch smart TVs…9 cellphones and my newest is an iPhone…I have contacted police both City and County…filed a complaint with FTC and IC3…Google…Microsoft…Samsung… nobody wants to help…they have control over my entire phone… they’re running on a Linux OS and although I’ve learned a lot the last 11 months they are way ahead of me…they reroute my calls…and the newest is they have blocked me from updating newest update through Apple…he goes in on most if not all websites…apps that I deal with consistently as a Developer which gives him more Arsenal to use…yes he is currently signed up as an Apple Developer… any suggestions would be appreciated…I’d like my life back…thank you!!!

First step will be to find an uncompromised work area and an uncompromised computer. Put your phones and other devices into airplane mode, and reinstall the latest software onto your phones. For an iPhone or iPad, use iTunes for PC or a fresh, new Mac. You are going to need to backup, erase, and reload the OS/firmware/etc. on all of your devices. Clear your calendar one weekend. Do not restore any backups at first - wait until they can be checked an scanned for problems. That'll come later.

Understand that a remote attacker needs access to something inside your home, or whatever in order to launch his attacks. If a single compromised device remains when you're done, you'll be doing all of this again in 6 months. Be thorough.

You will need a small collection of empty flash drives, 16 GB or better. You will also need at least one high-capacity, external hard drive to hold your backups.

If you use Windows PCs at home, go to Microsoft's website and grab the Media Creation Tool. Run it, and and select the option to download a copy of windows for use on another pc, or whatever the wording says that is similar. Also select to save directly to your USB disk. Make sure you have a blank usb drive to use. The windows installation files are about 8 GB, so plan to be there a while. Use a USB 3 port + drive if possible to speed up the file copy process.

Find and install a good backup program. AOMEI has a decent free one that I've used for years, but get what works for you. https://www.ubackup.com/ for AOMEI. There are many great alternatives. Backup your home folders on each computer at least. If you have enough room, you may opt to make a full image backup of the internal drive. Unplug your router and any other Internet connections/devices. Restore each device one-by one.

Grab another flash drive, and download the WSUS Offline tool to your desktop, etc. and extract. https://www.wsusoffline.net . Extract and run. Download updates for the Windows OS' you use, and then select to copy them to your flash drive. Also grab the latest firmware for everything you can find, starting with wireless routers, and also including security cameras, printers, TV set-to-boxes, et. al. When you reflash the router, be sure to unplug the uplink to the outside world temporarily.

As for drivers, Windows installer has many of the essential network drivers bundled, and from there, windows update can get whatever else you might need. Failing that, try snappy driver installer. It can be loaded, along with the updates, onto, you guessed it, a flash drive! https://sdi-tool.org .

If you happen to be in the greater Los Angeles area, send me a DM, and I can help you directly, if desired.

Otherwise, we can discuss this more after daybreak. My eyes are getting heavy now. It's 3 AM.

Archived