Funny Post on why Mac's Cannot have Viruses!

Sidepocket

"Rest assured people. the wii is practically imume from virus. so stop asking or worrying about the wii getting a virus. heres why:

You have to realize that virus need to be created specifically for what it infects. A windows virus will not run on a Mac, Wii, ect.

Do you know how many virus (is virus singular and plural? lol doesnt matter) the Mac has? A WHOPPING.... wait... wait,.... WAIT FOR IT!!!........ IT... HAS A WHOPPING 6 virus. and do u know why? because to make a virus for a mac u need to hack Apples mainframe to infect macs.

WELL anyway the wii is practically the same thing. instead of nintendos mainframe though it is the Wiis OS, which isn't accessable easily at all. To hack the wii OS would be like hacking Apples mainframe. it is almost impossible.

On top of all that i mentioned above the wii can't even download anything off the internet no less EVEN be able to RUN the virus. ON TOP of that the wii deletes all temporary files that it has like internet pages. SO if it is possible for the wii to download the virus it wouldn't be able to run it and to get rid of it would be as simple as turning it off and turning it back on.

SO once again rest assured your Wii is virus proof."

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/...ding&page=1

Ok, lets point and laugh! :lol:

see thts why some ppl shudn't b allowed to own a computer & internet connection ....

wot a retard everyone know modern gaming hardware runs its own os and any os can be infected , the wii runs a specific custum made flavor of linux , it can deffonately download and run things off of the internet (how the hell does het thinks u dload the vc games ?

<sarcasm>o w8 thts right they push tiny cartridges thru the tubes and those get sticked into ure wii thts why u have slots </sarcasm>

lol, and now u know not to sit on it?

nah, it just doesn't like power surges caused by all the computer stuff connected to the same power strip as it :lol:, my new alarm clock is battery powered :D

[sarcasm]

I'm genuinely worried about my alarm clock getting a virus, it has a ARM processor you know!

[/sarcasm]

lol, and now u know not to sit on it?

nah, it just doesn't like power surges caused by all the computer stuff connected to the same power strip as it :lol:, my new alarm clock is battery powered :D

[sarcasm]

I'm genuinely worried about my alarm clock getting a virus, it has a ARM processor you know!

[/sarcasm]

if it has an ARM could you put linux on it? :)

"to make a virus for a mac u need to hack Apples mainframe to infect macs."

This is true because Macs only have one network connection connected directly to Apples mainframe.

Please elaborate, I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you're right it'll make some good reading later on.

:lol: How many people saw this post? It's on the fourth page of that

TKNHAPPYNESS wrote:

There's no way for it to get a virus because there's no direct link between the Wii and the internet, since it works through Wi-Fi. Unless somebody can come up with a virus that infects people through Wi-Fi internet access, you're pretty much safe.

lol :D <sarcasm> I guess since I'm still using wires I'm screwed right? </sarcasm>