MAC user with Mark VII

FelixKC

On 10/30/2020 at 6:49 AM, Foxtrot said:

Hi Felix,

Please ensure you have the driver for the ASIX ethernet installed. You can find more details at https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360053346334-Setup-Basics.

I have this installed and it recognizes but I can't share my internet or have it connect to my wifi network. I changed it's IP address to and still no success

2 minutes ago, ilovepineapples said:

I have this installed and it recognizes but I can't share my internet ...

Internet Sharing on MacOS has always been "difficult" due to how Apple restrict the shared range to 192.168.2.0/24, which requires making potentially breaking changes to the WiFi Pineapple (because it lives on 172.16.42.0/24) or editing system files on your Mac.

3 minutes ago, ilovepineapples said:

... have it connect to my wifi network. I changed it's IP address to and still no success

I'm not sure what you mean here. Connecting the WiFi Pineapple to your WiFi network wouldn't require the ASIX driver, you can do this using the third radio via the Web Interface.

I changed the Mark VII's IP address following this guide: https://architectsecurity.org/2018/08/how-to-configure-internet-connection-sharing-between-mac-os-x-and-a-hak5-wifi-pineapple/

I also cannot connect my Pineapple to my Wifi network through the web interface either because when I try to share my Wifi access point it says Connection Failed.

8 minutes ago, ilovepineapples said:

Like I said here:

12 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Internet Sharing on MacOS has always been "difficult" due to how Apple restrict the shared range to 192.168.2.0/24, which requires making potentially breaking changes to the WiFi Pineapple (because it lives on 172.16.42.0/24) or editing system files on your Mac.

It's difficult because it's cumbersome. I recommend using a Virtual Machine or using Windows or Linux instead.

9 minutes ago, ilovepineapples said:

I also cannot connect my Pineapple to my Wifi network through the web interface either because when I try to share my Wifi access point it says Connection Failed.

Can you describe in detail the steps you're taking, as well as which firmware version you're on?

Archived