[RELEASE] Hak5 Cloud C2 3.0.x

Darren Kitchen

Hey guys

I have the same credentials issue that the previous 2 people have.

I could update previously without any issues, but updating to c2-3.0.2_amd64_windows.exe now causes a "Your credentials are not valid." when I try to login.
Luckily I have backups, but there is something wrong.

EDIT: Update on this, I can't even login using the previous exe as it wipes the credentials completely it seems.
I could get back in using the whole backed-up folder.

Hey Beadan,

I had this issue this morning when I upgraded to version 3.02. Initially, my credentials wouldn't work, but I had to recover my username and password from the c2 command line tools. Check out this link:

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360060225413-Account-Recovery

So, run this with your username and password from the command line. Then restart the server and try to log in. I was getting really nervous that I screwed myself with an update. I hope this works for you like it did for me!

./c2-3.0.0_amd64_linux -hostname example.com -recoverAccount bob -setPass ChangeMe123!!

A little quirk worth noting, is that my username had an uppercase letter, but when I tried to recover the account with the uppercase letter in the command, it failed. So my username would be "Jake", but when I type -recoverAccount Jake, recovery would fail. Instead, I had to make it all lowercase (-recoverAccount jake), for some weird reason.

On 12/4/2020 at 11:52 AM, pinheadLarry said:

Hey Beadan,

I had this issue this morning when I upgraded to version 3.02. Initially, my credentials wouldn't work, but I had to recover my username and password from the c2 command line tools. Check out this link:

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360060225413-Account-Recovery

So, run this with your username and password from the command line. Then restart the server and try to log in. I was getting really nervous that I screwed myself with an update. I hope this works for you like it did for me!

./c2-3.0.0_amd64_linux -hostname example.com -recoverAccount bob -setPass ChangeMe123!!

A little quirk worth noting, is that my username had an uppercase letter, but when I tried to recover the account with the uppercase letter in the command, it failed. So my username would be "Jake", but when I type -recoverAccount Jake, recovery would fail. Instead, I had to make it all lowercase (-recoverAccount jake), for some weird reason.

Thanks for the deets pinheadLarry. I will give it a go and edit this comment if it was successful 🙂

Edit: Yup, so that worked. Thanks again pinheadLarry!
I can comment that I had the same issue where my username started with a capital letter too. That might be what caused the issue in the first place, as it changed it to a lowercase after the change was done.

Archived