SSID'S leak through Wifi Pineapple7

FruitNinja

I just got a Mark VII and it has the same problem.  I am only a noob and trying to learn about pen testing.  I created a phony access point and connected with my mobile phone to see if it worked and everything seemed fine.  Then I deleted the ssid of the phony access point from the ssid pool shut down the wifi pineapple mark vii and went to sleep.  The next day when I was planning on learning more about the wifi pineapple I noticed it started broadcasting the old phony ssid that I created and deleted the day before.  Now I cant get it to go away.  Any ideas what could be wrong?  It seems it is broadcasting old phony ssid's that should have been deleted.  It appears they are not truly being deleted.

16 hours ago, EdwardNygma said:

I just got a Mark VII and it has the same problem.  I am only a noob and trying to learn about pen testing.  I created a phony access point and connected with my mobile phone to see if it worked and everything seemed fine.  Then I deleted the ssid of the phony access point from the ssid pool shut down the wifi pineapple mark vii and went to sleep.  The next day when I was planning on learning more about the wifi pineapple I noticed it started broadcasting the old phony ssid that I created and deleted the day before.  Now I cant get it to go away.  Any ideas what could be wrong?  It seems it is broadcasting old phony ssid's that should have been deleted.  It appears they are not truly being deleted.

check the pineAP settings, it is almost certainly the culprit.

22 hours ago, Void-Byte said:

Hi @FruitNinja,

Could you please be a bit more descriptive of the issue? I can't ascertain if you're referring to the WiFi Pineapple MKVII's logging of beacons, or something else.

Ok not sure about the technical terms but I'll try my best to explain:

Lets say I log into a network with my personal computer at my friend's house called "John's wifi" and then the next day to another friends place "Henry's Wifi" and on and on..

When I try a few days later creating an open network in a new environment with my personal computer for pentesting lets say, my wifi pineapple will be somehow exposing these same networks that I logged onto in the past ie: " John and Henry's wifi "are going to be shown in the list of available network as if they where in reach for other devices than my own personal computer.

So it is basically exposing my past connections with the public.

I hope you understand and will be able to explain this issue and help me out.

thanks!

5 hours ago, jholbrookftl said:

check the pineAP settings, it is almost certainly the culprit.

I doubt it.  I just factory reset my Pineapple Mark VII and it is still picking up the old SSID's and broadcasting them.  I am not sure if this problem is related but the "Capture SSID's to Pool" is UN-checked and it is still capturing SSID's to the pool.  I hope these bugs get worked out fast!

17 hours ago, EdwardNygma said:

I doubt it.  I just factory reset my Pineapple Mark VII and it is still picking up the old SSID's and broadcasting them.  I am not sure if this problem is related but the "Capture SSID's to Pool" is UN-checked and it is still capturing SSID's to the pool.  I hope these bugs get worked out fast!

perhaps grab a shot of your pineAP settings? I had something similar going on and i'd like to compare settings on that page.

1 hour ago, jholbrookftl said:

perhaps grab a shot of your pineAP settings? I had something similar going on and i'd like to compare settings on that page.

First off thank you for taking an interest in helping us solve this issue. 

Please find attached a copy of the PineAP settings that I am currently using.  The image of my settings is being hosted at imgbb https://ibb.co/X8gMwdR

On 10/19/2020 at 4:57 PM, EdwardNygma said:

First off thank you for taking an interest in helping us solve this issue. 

Please find attached a copy of the PineAP settings that I am currently using.  The image of my settings is being hosted at imgbb https://ibb.co/X8gMwdR

If I'm not mistaken this is a byproduct of Allow Associations and Beacon Response. What happens is your device probes for these specific SSIDs, and the WiFiPineapple responds send a targeted beacon response to the device acknowledging that the Pineapple is that probe. If you were to 'Forget' these networks on your device, or add this device to the DENY list on the pineapple it shouldn't occur anymore (less you connect to more networks again without forgetting them).

Archived