Bettercap Support?

deathcamel57

Nevermind, wound up making an OpenWRT build environment and building it myself. I'm sharing my build of 2.28 with everyone. I've ran into an issue where the enter button just prints a return symbol, without it registering in bettercap. I'd really appreciate it if anyone finds a workaround.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LQUDY6ZtsW90QZlQIUoLQ_nn6vjauhx0?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, deathcamel57 said:

I'd really appreciate it if anyone finds a workaround.

I think @Zylla is also still compiling bettercap for OpenWRT (looking at version number and date) but i have no idea if he managed to solve the pcapruby issue he was having.

https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools

I really appreciate the link @Just_a_User. Unfortunately, his packages are compiled for `mips`, not `mipsle`, which the MkVII uses. That results in an uninstallable package on this device.

I did a bit of looking and didn't see that he has released his Makefiles and such. Too bad, that would make it easy to target VII's architecture.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Just_a_User said:

Yup, that makes sense. Maybe hes still rocking the tetra. If you get it sorted be sure to post! Would be a fun one to have.

Yeah i'm still rocking the Tetra/Nano 😢
Haven't been able to get the latest Pineapple(s) due to some financial issues this last year.😕
I would love to have one though, and to keep packages such as Bettercap up-to-date for it as well! ❤️

Perhaps Hak5 would like to sponsor me with one? 🙊

48 minutes ago, Zylla said:

Yeah i'm still rocking the Tetra/Nano 😢
Haven't been able to get the latest Pineapple(s) due to some financial issues this last year.😕
I would love to have one though, and to keep packages such as Bettercap up-to-date for it as well! ❤️

Perhaps Hak5 would like to sponsor me with one? 🙊

Psst @Darren Kitchen

I don't know if there there's chance.

On 9/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, deathcamel57 said:

I really appreciate the link @Just_a_User. Unfortunately, his packages are compiled for `mips`, not `mipsle`, which the MkVII uses. That results in an uninstallable package on this device.

I did a bit of looking and didn't see that he has released his Makefiles and such. Too bad, that would make it easy to target VII's architecture.

There are Makefiles for bettercap that another community member contributed a short while ago, at https://github.com/hak5/pineapple-packages-community. Bear in mind that I don't know if they still work - this is something I can spend more time on in the near future but unfortunately not right now.

5 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Unfortunately, @Zylla seems to have his private messages disabled 😉

Feel free to reach out to me 🙂

Oh Snap, thanks for the heads up. I think my inbox was full. I've written tons of pm's here before.

It should be fixed now. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Zylla said:

Yeey!!!! @Foxtrot REALLY made my day yesterday! 🥳
Hak5 have sponsored me with the latest WiFi Pineapple MKVII 😍

I can't wait to check it out, and start developing stuff for it!

Thank you so much @Foxtrot , @Darren Kitchen and everyone else at Hak5 ❤

Untitled-1.png

That's really epic..

• 3 weeks later...

Pls Tell me,how  to use the packeges for the MkVII? Is it also possible to just Upload   the ZIP File , i downloaded from this Side "https://github.com/hak5/pineapple-packages-community" over ftp? Or is it the own way to Install  it over SSH  and opkg? What ist the way to Install the ZIP? "Opkg Install "Link to ZIP File"?

pls Help me thank you a Lot!!

So the man got himself a new pineapple.  No better person for it.  Now with Zylla having his early Xmas gift, the module repo may start growing heheh.

Yeah, when it came to bettercap I have only used it outside of the pineapple.  Like on the machine the pineapple is tethered to and just using the natural MiTM already there to use for bettercap (no arp spoof, no need).  Just have to remember to override the interface with the pineapple interface and the gateway with my real gateway.  Will through an error about not finding MAC of gateway but ignore since only needed for arp-spoofing.  Since bettercap is Go, be interesting to see how it performs on the Mark VII.  I have not tried it on the Nano due to having to mess around with storage when I played with modules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 12:38 AM, damen said:

Just noticed https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools has been updated for MK7. Has anyone tested bettercap yet?

Yeah! It's working. But i've noticed a bug, which can be a bit annoying.
Read more about it on the Issue section on the Github repo. I've opened an issue there. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, Zylla said:

Yeah! It's working. But i've noticed a bug, which can be a bit annoying.
Read more about it on the Issue section on the Github repo. I've opened an issue there. 🙂

Im kinda rusty! How would I install this?

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 3:15 AM, damen said:

Im kinda rusty! How would I install this?

the way I have done it (I am a newbie so if is a better way please tell) I have download the zip from the git site GitHub - adde88/openwrt-useful-tools: A repo containing different tools compiled specifically for the Hak5 WiFi Pineapple MK6 and MK7. then unzipped it and upload the ipks that I want it to a tmp folder that I made on the pineapple MK VII via ssh "mkdir ./tmp/" then I smply ftp all the ipks that I wanted (bettercap being the one I wanted most ;0) into the /tmp/ folder and then on ssh I navigated to the /tmp/ folder "cd ./tmp/" then I just did an opkg update (aparently is recommended not to do an opg upgrade so just update as I was told via discord) then opkg install filename.ipk for example for bettercap:

opkg install bettercap_2.28-2_mipsel_24kc.ipk

I hope that helps, as I said I am a noob in pineapple and I only dabbled on Kali Linux so not an expert at all  but it seemed to worked and according to discord users I did it the correct way so I hope it helps and if anybody has a better way please contribute. PEACE

• 8 months later...

Hi

I'm new to the WiFi Pineapple and tried it for a week now. The enthusiasm is decreasing... I couldn't catch any handshake so far. Performance of the Pineapple isn't very good and somehow it seems to forget its configuration from time to time.

I wanted to try bettercap now. It was not possible to just do an "opkg update && opkg install bettercap" even that it is listed here (https://github.com/hak5/pineapple-packages-community/tree/master/network/bettercap).

So I downloaded bettercap from here (https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools) and installed it. But I cannot use the wifi interface wlan1. It always says "device busy".

Can anyone give some advice?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived