[RELEASE][BETA] WiFi Pineapple Mark VII 1.0.1 Beta

Foxtrot

Hello!

I'm happy to announce that the beta update channel is now serving a sneak peak at the upcoming post-launch 1.0.1 firmware, based on your invaluable feedback and suggestions.

In order to try the beta firmware out, we've written a handy guide to the update channel system implemented in the Mark VII, which can be found here.

Changes from Beta 3 to Beta 4 start with "NEW".

Change Log:

• Setup
    • Imporove screen real-estate on smaller mobile screens.
    • Button delay now says 4 seconds, to match the recovery wizard.
  • PineAP
    • Logging options can now be persistently stored in the browser.
    • Tweak the appearance of the logging options side bar.
    • A spinner now shows when PineAP is saving the users configuration.
    • Fixed an issue where the PineAP Source MAC option was not saving.
    • Fixed an issue where the PineAP Autostart functionality would not work correctly.
    • Fixed an issue where the PineAP Autostart toggle would not report a correct status.
    • Fixed a rare issue where PineAP would not start after being disabled.
    • Improved the settings save time.
  • Recon
    • Fixed an issue introduced in Beta 2, where Recon would sometimes show an error if PineAP was not running.
    • Result cards are now clickable, instead of using a button to open the bigger view.
    • Result cards for Clients now render the timestamp in human-readable format.
  • Modules
    • NEW: Fixed an issue introduced in Beta 3 where modules would not start due to a missing SSL dependency.
    • Modules can now use PNG icons as well as SVGs.
  • Settings
    • Add censorship mode.
    • Keyboard shortcuts can now be enabled or disabled from the Advanced Settings tab.
    • Software Update will now accurately display when the selected update channel is closed.
    • Small text changes to Software Update.
    • Fixed an issue where Client Mode may not report an error correctly.
    • Improve reliability of Client Mode.
    • Client Mode settings are now saved automatically, and will re-connect on boot automatically.
    • Add an option to reinstall the current firmware if no update is found.
    • Greatly improve Network page for smaller mobile screens.
    • Greatly improve Settings page for smaller mobile screens.
  • Misc
    • Updated the Python library for WiFi Pineapple Mark 7 modules.
      • Fixed a rare issue where the internet connectivity check would fail despite having internet.
    • Add support for USB Ethernet adapters using the ASIX AX88179 chipset.
    • Add support for USB Ethernet adapters using the Realtek RTL8152 chipset.

We're constantly looking for feedback, especially during the public beta programs. If you're interested in joining the discussion, be sure to check out the community page and say hello!

Thanks,
Foxtrot

i performed the beta update and had to go through the setup completely again including downloading all of the modules and their dependencies (would like to see dependencies automatically downloaded on install) is this normal or did i do something wrong? i have bought more than one of these mark 7's just for this purpose, as well as having more than one for my students to use in my pentesting classes.

23 hours ago, jholbrookftl said:

i performed the beta update and had to go through the setup completely again including downloading all of the modules and their dependencies (would like to see dependencies automatically downloaded on install) is this normal or did i do something wrong? i have bought more than one of these mark 7's just for this purpose, as well as having more than one for my students to use in my pentesting classes.

This is normal, and in-line with the rest of our devices.

7 hours ago, Cybersloth said:

Recon, not working in this Beta, throws error 1

Roll back to V1.0.0 works fine

Thanks! I'll take a look and make sure this is resolved before the firmware is released to the stable channel :)

4 hours ago, aethernaut said:

Getting déjà vu all over again!

image.png
;)

All- I've had my M7 about a week and just updated to the current beta. 

For the most part I'd been trying to get data from a BU-353s4** gps dongle to work during lunch hours. Anyway I had the M7 in and out of the university for about 3 days. I was doing zero pentesting.

I didn't think about it but I updated to beta over a personal hotspot and accessed the M7 via wifi to setup my password and etc... During the update the M7 sent out a SSID. DUH! University IT was at my desk asking questions in about an hour. LOL

It was all good and I even made some friends.

Just update your devices where you have control of the environment. I'm sure 99.9% of yall knew this already and can get a laugh out of it. 

**yes the dongle works but that is a discussion for another post. 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, Cybersloth said:

Recon, not working in this Beta, throws error 1

Roll back to V1.0.0 works fine

On 9/24/2020 at 10:27 AM, flaquito said:

Also received error 1. Clicking start again then worked.

Thanks for reporting this. It's fixed in the latest beta (Beta 3) and is available using the over-the-air update system now. I've updated the changelog in the first post to include the new changes.

Thanks!

Is there a way to manually download the beta version? Because I have a connections issues, I cannot connect to any client wifi network and I hope it'll solve it.

connections issues like all of the guys in this post: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Foxtrot locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived